It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalists 'outraged' at Obama for media shield bill changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Journalists 'outraged' at Obama for media shield bill changes

rawstory.com

The Society of Professional Journalists said it is "outraged" over the Obama administration's alterations to a bill which would leverage a "shield law" nation-wide to protect reporters and their sources.

The Free Flow of Information Act, the group said on Friday, would have offered significant protections against journalists being forced to testify over the use of anonymous sources. However, "[the] administration this week sent to Congress sweeping revisions to a 'media shield' bill that would
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Censorship comes in many forms. This is just one more example of Obama saying one thing before being elected POTUS and doing the opposite after.

"Not long ago, President Obama was a key supporter of this bill, but after one meeting with his national security team he appears to have been scared into making this poor decision," SPJ President Kevin Smith said in a media advisory. "President Obama was elected by the people, for the people. It’s time for him to stand up and support legislation that gives those people the power to have better oversight of their government."

The Times added: "Mr. Specter called the proposed changes 'totally unacceptable,' saying they would gut meaningful judicial review. And in a statement, Mr. Schumer said: 'The White House's opposition to the fundamental essence of this bill is an unexpected and significant setback. It will make it hard to pass this legislation.'"

White House spokesman Ben LaBolt, the paper also noted, said that any administration support for the bill was still a change from the Bush years, during which the president considered such protection for reporters to be an affront to executive power.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It's clear he has a peculiar stuttering problem that kept causing him to say he wasn't four more years of George W. Bush when clearly he meant to say vote for me because I am four more years of George W. Bush.

Now if we could only see his Birth Certificate so we could find out just how he is related to George H.W. Bush, Sr.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Can I start a rumor that BO is actually the second cousin of GW's great aunt on his mother's side?
I saw where they morph George into Barak and it didn't appear to take many changes.

top topics

join