It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigeria : 71 people dead , 750 lying critically ill from unknown disease.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Maybe someone in a virulab got a Nigerian 419 scam email and decided to take care of the problem once and for all.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkarella
Wow S&F. I have not heard of this. Why has this not been in the news? This is one of the few things that freak me out!

It just goes to show what a good news resource ATS can be.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Nigerians have petroleum. They travel all over the United States and Mexico for bussiness. This could be the next wave of what struck Mexico.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
You know, stuff like this has been happening since the begining of time.. The only difference now is that we have the means to spread the news.. Like a germ, the news spreads... Nothing to worry about... Live for the moment and peace to you all.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Okay, I guess I'll just be the one to say it...

It's 71 people. In Africa. Where's the fire? 180 Americans, on average, die every day because of the regular flu.

People die, alright? It happens. We're no different than any other animal species. We aren't immune nor invincible to viruses. All of this shock and fear when someone dies of an illness is clearly the result of an overinflated human ego that makes us see ourselves as indestructible.

Sorry, but we're not.

This may come off as a bit morbid, but until hundreds of thousands of people start dying from any one of these viruses, I can't take any of the hype and fearmongering seriously.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Does anyone know if Cholera is aerobic or anaerobic? I can't find this anywhere.

If it's anaerobic than it should be very vulnerable to oxidation treatments such as MMS or hydrogen peroxide.

Well most harmful bacteria are anaerobic any way.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Damn cholera outbreaks.

Thats what happens when people arent educated about the dangers of drinking dirty water

Hoepfully they are able to contain this soon

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
For those of you too young to remember, the "population explosion" was the global warming of the early 70's. It was all over pop culture, in the schools and media. Something had to be done and apparently somebody did. Africa was not chosen by accident.

Oh wait let me get out my primary source info to back you up on this one. From JSTOR (online scholarly journal) at www.jstor.org... (you need credentials to access)

Today, the population problem is no longer a private matter. In a world of nearly 4 billion people increasing by 2 percent, or 80 million more, every year, population growth and how to restrain it are public concerns that command the attention of national and international leaders. The per capital income gap between the developed and the developing countries is increasing, in large part the result of higher birth rates in the poorer countries.

And the kicker...

It is quite clear that one of the major challenges of the 1970s, the Second United Nations Development Decade, will be to curb the world's fertility.

Who said this? None other than George Bush (senior) in 1973 as he served as US Ambassador to the United Nations. From "George Bush on Population: An Early Statement."

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose

It scares me that they instantly send samples to the US and France as both have the capabilities to turn diseases like this into weapons.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by VitalOverdose]

Vital,
That was my first thought Oh Shi*, Why did they send these samples to the states? I guess this will be 2010's version of the H1N1. Also just to note that the H1N1 virus is rampid in my area we have all had it in my house, my daughter is recovering as I speak. It is pretty nasty stuff. Thank God for TamaFlu...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

The symtoms are like the flu. Cholera has been rules out. Look at the symtoms!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

You are thinking of Dr Boyd Graves. Amazing testimony.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
listen this mystery virus in nigeria is a form virus that the world has never seen
i was on a dig in africa and we were looking for pandora's box about seven years ago i was 22 at the time i was a junior archeologist working on ancient clues left by a secret society who was not named in the clues but they had posession of pandora's box in 15 hundred A.D and hid from the rest of the world but they left random directions to find the box only decendants new where to find these directions to lead them to pandora's box the man that hired my professor was always recieving mysterious emails and recieving clues to the location it was eyes only and top secret emails only noone new where we would end up to look our dig took us all over africa and then we found it pandora's box and my professor sent us back to our own countries where we all came from we never heard what happened to the professor or pandora's box but i will tell you this the professor said that the man he was working for was a biologist like no one has ever met he said that he new things about biological warfare that noone has ever seen or done and by the sound of this mystery virus in nigeria he has made the contents of pandora's box into a weapon
so please becareful everyone the is no cure i don't know what it can do but death is only the beginning of the end of the world if he has weaponised it

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
this could come in handy if anyone would like to monitor the outbreak.

www.idemc.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reading the first two pages of this thread, it doesn't seem to have occured to anyone else that this sort of thing happens with relative regularity in places without access to clean drinking water or proper medical facilities.

also, and this may be reaching a bit, but i think things may be all right. there is an admittedly slim chance that this is not an NWO plot, an American biological weapons attack against a tiny-ass village with no resources or strategic value, or a sign of the end-times emergence of Lucifer's black and twisted majesty.

i realize that this may sound silly to some of you, but it is just my opinion. i am only a rhombus, so you may know better than i.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
Does anyone know if Cholera is aerobic or anaerobic? I can't find this anywhere.

If it's anaerobic than it should be very vulnerable to oxidation treatments such as MMS or hydrogen peroxide.

Well most harmful bacteria are anaerobic any way.

If we're talking about its pathogenic state (which is what matters), it's anaerobic:

Pathogenesis of the facultative anaerobe Vibrio cholerae takes place at the gut under low oxygen concentrations.

Source

However, the article cited by the OP points out that the nature of the disease is officially unknown, and does not even state if the illness is caused by a virus or bacteria -- or even a combination of both via a primary viral and subsequent bacterial super-infection (or vice versa). For that reason I'm puzzled by the statement that they are providing drugs to arrest the situation from spreading. They'd have to use broad-spectrum drugs to have any hope of achieving that aim, and even so they might not be helpful if the infection is viral.

As there is also conflicting information to suggest that the outbreak might have been caused by insecticide intoxication (read "poisoning") rather than an infectious disease, I think we need a bit more solid data.

Some posters have pointed out that many people die of seasonal flu every day, and also that this outbreak is just an isolated event in Africa. True, but on the other hand I don't see why that means it should not be aired here on ATS and discussed. If this outbreak goes no further then well and good; on the other hand, if other "mystery outbreaks" occur elsewhere with similar symptoms then this thread becomes useful as a reference, if nothing else.

Just my 2 Kč...

Mike

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Jeez why don't they check it out over there instead of bringing samples here to check out. Sometimes I feel as though we should seal our borders and not let anyone or anything in. I know thats very unrealistic and am half kidding. This kind of stuff just makes me a bit nervous. Just my take.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Interesting that it may be caused by insecticides. It does seem localized Hmm. This is one to follow.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Years ago, when I worked in Uganda, there was a strange outbreak of sickness and death - until they discovered that the local fisherman had taken to catching their fish the easy way by (wait for it) putting poison in the water. Put me off fish for a while, I can tell you....
Just saying we shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Thats what happens when people arent educated about the dangers of drinking dirty water

Or they are educated about the dangers but drink it anyway because they have no other options.

Catch-22.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What should I do? Are we all going to die?......................

1. I'm sorry those people died.
2. Yes Bioterror exists.
3. Yes depopulation plans are real.
4. Take precautions like always.

5. Christ on a rope what a bunch of scaredy-cats. Do you know what the Slippery-Slope fallacy is?

I started a thread a while ago talking about how the depopulationists were actually having a pretty hard time getting rid of us all, but no one wanted to talk about that.

A guy sneezed on me today on the way to work. Start a thread. "Guy Sneezes, Bioterror?" 500 flags.

[edit on 110f20090amSun, 04 Oct 2009 09:12:46 -050046 by HiAliens]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join