It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the right foot to step up: right or left and why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There's a superstition that when we wake up with the left foot, we are in bad luck. Recently a wise man that I know said that the left foot was to correct way to step up and he did not give me a reason.

What's your thoughts, beliefs, opinions?

[edit on 3-10-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I guess it depends on putting your best foot forward.

People can be right handed or left handed, so I suppose it is the same with feet.

I have known a few people that dance with 2 left feet. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing for them. Quite possibly their dance partner, though.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
personally i roll off the bed and then crab walk out my room just so i don't have to worry about picking the wrong foot.

honestly i don't think it matters in the least bit. its just a superstition. Just like seeing black cats and stepping on cracks. Superstitions are fun when your a kid dodging all the cracks but after a while you realize nothings gonna happen.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Depends on your application.

In some cultures, they placed their living quarters or even the entrance to their "area" in elevated positions for self defense. One had to place hands and feet in carved "holes" to be able to climb.

Knowing that one has a tendency to step off and climb first with the right foot, they would set up their enemies and reverse the track.

So an intruder would get part way up and realize his wrong foot is in the hole, and now he can't reach the next series which is offset.

Luck? Good luck? Bad luck?

Luck is preparation in action.

And I rather be lucky than good.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I jump out of bed and hit the floor running, leading off with my left foot. I am left-handed, by the way.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I roll out of bed onto the floor, then crawl to the kitchen. Once in the kitchen I crawl up the counter to the coffee maker and take my first sip of joe, then I get up and go about me day.

top topics

join