It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ring sizes...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I want to propose to my boyfriend on Christmas day...

But I don't know his ring size and he doesn't wear any for me to compare.

How can I find out without him knowing?

KJ

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
When he is asleep wrap a piece of string or tin foil around the finger and mark the size. The jewler can take it from there

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I did this with my (now) husband when we were stilll dating:

Go to a cool/funky jewelry stand - the kind you can find outside on the sidewalk of big cities (we went to San Francisco where there are like a zillion of these). Take him for a walk to the area, but don't really tell him why you're there. Just tell him you'd like to show him a new restaurant or a great view that you recently found. Walk casually by the jewelry stand and start trying on the ugliest rings you can find for yourself and jokingly asking his opinion. Grab a few random sizes for him and just start sticking them on his fingers, but make sure you laugh and play it up. My hubby and I did this at a stand that had those cheapy mood rings. We didn't actually buy anything, but we got to laugh and try on crappy jewelry - it ended up being kind of fun. Just remember to think kind of big. My husband is a fairly average sized guy but he wears a 13, which I would consider fairly large, but he works alot with his hands.

The string method above works well too. Just make sure you leave room for the knuckles if his hands are bony. If they are, measure around the knuckle instead of the fleshy part.

BTW-I didn't propose to anything, but I wanted to get him a nice ring for his birthday and needed to know what size.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Thanks for the ideas folks.

Will try them out

KJ

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Chop his hand of while he is sleeping and take that to the shop - fairly straight forward.

And then you can present the ring to him and he will immediately get an impression of how it will look on his finger, as, well it will already be on his finger.

top topics

join