It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pics of a small, hidden Air Base near Dulce, New Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I seriously doubt it, but this is a curious facility.

I know. Another Dulce, NM thread. Mods if this is a repeat, please feel free to remove. There are so many, I couldn't possibly see if this has been posted before. Now that that has been said, on to it.

I found this Sat Image on Google Maps while nosing around the greater Dulce, area. This is without a doubt an airfield nestled in a little valley just South, Southeast of Dulce. I find it curious that it is not listed on the Map or the Terrain function of Google Maps. Curious.

Again. If this has been found before, just shoot me, hang the carcass at the town entrance as a warning to others and move on to something else. However, if I did discover a goodie, well.........Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Cheers,

Erik

Source

edit to add: I just realized that this might have been misposted on the wrong board. Mods, if this needs to be moved to Hidden Bases, please feel free to do so. Thanks.

Erik

[edit on 22/OctamSat, 03 Oct 2009 03:00:09 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This facility looks rather small to me and unassuming. I see a hangar and some Cessna/Piper shaped parking spaces and maybe what looks to be a VOR or beacon light to the lower right of the strip and the runway appears to be about a mile long. If this is a private strip, why isn't it on any maps? I also noticed that it is only accessible by a dirt road that comes south from a small school facility. It this on Reservation Land? That would answer a few questions but not the dismissed listings on any maps. Strange. It is definitely not a commercial facility. Most certainly it is for discreet purposes as it is tucked into a little valley out of sight from the ground of the surrounding area. Still curious.

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/OctamSat, 03 Oct 2009 01:53:57 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

[edit on 22/OctamSat, 03 Oct 2009 02:16:52 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Ok. Now I am really curious. Why does this facility have a runway over a mile long? Even our commercial airport here in Humboldt County runs Commuter Jets on around a 3500 foot runway. This gets better and better.

Source

Even G. W. Bush had Air Force One land here. It was close, but that pilot did it.

I hope some locals and "experts" can help me out here.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Nevermind. Mystery solved. This is on the Jicarilla Apache Reservation. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Source

Wouldn't it just be hilarious if the fabled Dulce Base was hidden in plain site like this? That's a pretty decent sized hangar on this thing. It wouldn't be too hard to get stuff underground under the confines of a hangar roof.

Cheers,

Erik

top topics

join