It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God exist Einstein?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Interesting video used as a commercial for the Government of the Republic of Macedonia, Ministry of Education and Science.

Headline of commercial: Religion is knowledge, too. Bringing religion back to school.

Here are a few Einstein quotes. Which makes me wonder, does he or doesnt he believe in God?

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly."

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

"My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment"

IMO, call 'it' or 'him' want you want, but something exist.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Einstein has had gotten a lot of flack over an article he made, where the churches expressed shame and dislike for him, while still acknowledging his great works.

I can find you many quotes muslims use to say that he was actually a muslim, granted by the ayatollah who told him not to tell anyone for he would be killed.

And he could of been hindu.

I chalk it up to be the same as the people who say Darwin converted on his death bed.

Just like they will when dennet, dawkins, hitchens, and harris die, they'll all say they converted.

I think the consensus is Einstein = Pantheist

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
There are some interesting (authenticated) letters here from Einstein which describe his feelings towards 'organised religion':

In the letter, dated January 3 1954, he wrote: "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.
No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.

and

"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people.

"As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are better protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."

The article also goes on to state:

Educated at a Catholic primary school but given private tuition in Judaism, Einstein later wrote that the "religious paradise of youth" - when he believed what he was told - was quickly crushed when he started questioning religion at the age of 12.

He wrote: "The consequence was a positively fanatic freethinking coupled with the impression that youth is being deceived by the state through lies; it was a crushing impression."

Link:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

new topics

join