It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO every 2 hours or less

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
who needs figures when we can just make things up as we go, and was there actually a what is is moment in this thread, lol. This is a great subject for a thread but since the sightings are in space I think by trying to put things in a manageable layout would end up being quite the task. This does bring a question if we could somehow use the data to find the most active area of the galaxy to monitor the UFO. I would not be surprised if this list actually already exists somewhere, even if it is in some really really humanly crude form. This type of list does not need the belief of aliens or the believers term of UFO's to exist, all it needs is something that can't be identified. The way we are lead to believe our intelligence agencies are top notch and big brother is watching, then you throw in the hubble telescope and seti and I think Chadwickus is correct in his assessment that a very small percent of sightings actually go as unexplained UFO's.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by scatterp
reply to post by Chadwickus

The thing is how would we use that data ?
deduct the amount of siteings from the military bases ?
count them as more or less important..

for example The Rendlesham Forest was one of the biggest ufo sightings
because it happened on a airbase...

i will try to work on posting some data here when i can

The data related to military bases would be interesting, I think it would be significant.

Someone from the Philippines started a thread asking why there aren't many UFO sightings in the Philippines. I suspect the answer is that there's not much manmade in the air in the Philippines once you get outside of Manila and a few larger cities, so I do suspect there's a relationship.

While it's not specific to military bases I do have some statistics handy from some UFO identification studies:

Identification Studies of UFOs

One study:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/355b00964ba7.png[/atsimg]

Another study:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efd6b37a835d.png[/atsimg]
(See source for more details)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thats strange - quite a few years ago 'actual unknowns' reported to the USAF were as high as thirty per-cent.

Perhaps thats why they had to resort to 'absurdly erroneous' explanations such as these to get the figures down:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jnewell33
who needs figures when we can just make things up as we go, and was there actually a what is is moment in this thread, lol. This is a great subject for a thread but since the sightings are in space I think by trying to put things in a manageable layout would end up being quite the task. This does bring a question if we could somehow use the data to find the most active area of the galaxy to monitor the UFO. I would not be surprised if this list actually already exists somewhere, even if it is in some really really humanly crude form. This type of list does not need the belief of aliens or the believers term of UFO's to exist, all it needs is something that can't be identified. The way we are lead to believe our intelligence agencies are top notch and big brother is watching, then you throw in the hubble telescope and seti and I think Chadwickus is correct in his assessment that a very small percent of sightings actually go as unexplained UFO's.

well i did link to some research linking the position of planets that would provide a very approximate area and time ....

"most active area" would be a time space answer

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

excellent work seems that 6%-22% of over all sightings are truly unidentifiable
that means that something could be seen every 2 hours how ever 10 hours would be required to see something unidentifiable

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
its been mentioned that military bases may be related to ufo sightings and also that planetary alignment may be related i would also like to throw in regarding the "Someone from the Philippines started a thread asking why there aren't many UFO sightings in the Philippines" comment that i think perhaps access to technology and density of people are factors for example most uk sightings (from data sources i can find) have been in London the most dense area i think the density based on population is purely due to more people to look and not a heightened quantity of ufos at those locations

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by scatterp

A figure you will need to subtract from the 43,036 sightings is the amount of mis-identified objects seen.

So you'll probably be left with about 10 unexplainable ones...

So 10 sightings over the past 10 years works out to be one a year.

[edit on 30/9/09 by Chadwickus]

and you have another 20.000 unreported ufo's, ho the hell reports these things? I wouldn't.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

I must admit i dont think i would its hard to know for sure till you have actually seen one..
I have not for the record

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join