It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers - Health Care Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Federal health reforms under discussion in Congress have spurred hundreds of questions. Starting today, a team of Free Press reporters will answer your questions. Send them to [email protected].

Link:- www.freep.com...

Last few weeks and months I have come across several threads criticising Health Care Reform based on hoaxes, incorrect info., propoganda and some were geniune too.
This articles answers some basic questions about Health Care and I feel people should go thru them to atleast familirise with what actually Health Care Reform s all about before bashing or supporting it.

Those criticising the reform based on their "known logics" now have this chance to clarify and discuss it with known people.

These are the few questions answered in the article;

Q: Do we need health care reform?
Q: But doesn’t the U.S. have the best health care in the world?
Q: Why is health care so expensive in the U.S.?
Q: So what can be done to lower costs?
Q: What is this so-called public option everyone is talking about and is it a good thing?
Q: Are there rules for private insurers competing in the exchange?
Q: Could I keep my doctor and the coverage I have now?
Q: Will I pay less for health care?
Q: Does the bill provide health insurance to illegal immigrants?
Q: Does the bill cover abortions?
Q: Does the bill cut Medicare benefits?

Let's not let lies become truth. Here is your chance to clear the matter once and for all from non-biased source.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

after all the bickering about this, how can anyone truly know what a "non-biased" source is? I personally am concerned with why this has to be done right now? We are in a recession about to be a full blown depression. Throwing more money we don't have at something none of us know much about or want is stupid to the "N"th degree. But I am sure the news will tell us what we should do.

My question is "why right now?"

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hey thanks, man!

This was very helpful and definitely cut through the crap. After reading this, you can see how some people just run with it and make these giant leaps.

Although, a couple parts that worry me are the abortion coverage and the insurance company costs being passed on to the consumer.

I am pro-choice but I most certainly do not believe that it should be covered by insurance and definitely not paid for by taxpayers money. I know it said that it will not use tax money, but what's the guarantee.

Also, I'm still foggy on why it said that if you have a high priced plan your insurance company will pay a fee and possibly pass it onto you. I don't like that at all.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Thanks I sure do hope people can clarify their doubts or any misgivings they have about the reform. You can also contact the people directly with your queries.

To network dude;

Why not? Afterall isn't it better that people know about something properly before criticising it so severly that they compare it to Nazi's as I have seen in several threads..about death panels, illegal immigrants and other frivolous rants just coz' of bad sources or some stupid personal blogs.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

you seem to be very much on the pro side of this. I can't understand why any of the health care issues are so important that we need to even think about another government funded project during economic times such as these. What idiot decided that this was a priority? We have two wars going on, a morally and financially bankrupt country, and no real plan to fix anything. So what about health care reform will fix any REAL issues that exist? you want to fix health care, fix it so I can afford it again. until then, this needs to be a serious back burner issue.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

you seem to be very much on the pro side of this. I can't understand why any of the health care issues are so important that we need to even think about another government funded project during economic times such as these. What idiot decided that this was a priority? We have two wars going on, a morally and financially bankrupt country, and no real plan to fix anything. So what about health care reform will fix any REAL issues that exist? you want to fix health care, fix it so I can afford it again. until then, this needs to be a serious back burner issue.

Good question, and the answer you will find in that article. Why health reform is needed and how is it related to financial condition of the country.

new topics

top topics

join