It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and Russia Undermining U.S. Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Source

Russo-U.S. relations are in steady decline, and Russia’s next moves will determine whether the U.S.-led gasoline sanctions on Iran are a success or failure. Russia’s and China’s refusals to back America demonstrate the political independence and national self-determination of these rising nations. Their respect for the West is precipitously waning.
China is bolstered by its growing economic power. Russia is emboldened by its central role in energy politics.
Weighed down by internal and external strife and division, America is increasingly incapable of defending its position on the global stage, and the rise of Russia and China—as well as other powers—will increasingly marginalize the U.S.

I also found this connection. China's Oil Needs Affect Its Iran Ties

Oil companies in China -- the second-biggest buyer of Iranian crude after Japan -- have stepped up investment. China National Petroleum Corp., the flagship state-owned oil company, has signed billion-dollar contracts to develop oil and natural-gas fields, replacing other foreign companies that have backed out. China's biggest oil refiner, state-owned Sinopec Group, has also signed on to develop Iranian oil fields.

And this just comes in.

China launches probe into imports of US chicken

My conclusion, it is less likely the war with Iran will happen, but it's not impossible of course.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I can only 'intend' the war with Iran will not happen; I feel most confident the People who will have the rude awakening will be my fellow US American's, and the Israeli People.

I've actually done a thread regarding similar articles of US dominance being in subsidence, and that is really what is happening.

Simply stepping out of the box, and seeing how it's not just the West vs East, but old, and new. Not only the USA, but the World Bank, IMF, NATO, UN, etc. are all being replaced by different relationships, and organizations. These other creations have been through joint cooperation from Russia, China, and countries of the NAM, or SCO.
S&F

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Hail China and Russia! About time someone get a pair of balls. Sick of this U.S.-led imperialism. Sorry to sound unpatriotic but I am an American nationalist and would prefer the U.S. to worry about itself than other countries. Help its own [bleep]ing people!

The war with Iran is not beneficial to anyone and won't ever happen. Yes they have oil but Iraq and Saudi Arabia is where it''s at. And there is no way in hell that Is-hell or U.S. would win against Iran especially given how wasteful the U.S. is being by prolonging the war in Afghanistan instead of building and helping the Afghan people. It is funny - the U.S. used to work with the Taliban, supplied them weapons, and now they are fighting them. What a crock of bull....

Anyway, Iran is worthless to the U.S. If you look at it from a strategic point, Iran is nowhere near China which the U.S. would use as a launching point in case of war with China. Again, it is funny the U.S. installed the shah in Iran then abandoned Iran when the 1979 revolution hit, then had the chance to better relations with Iran but sided with Iraq in the Iraq-Iran war, even though it was Iraq who started it, supplied by the U.S. itself. As for Israel, Israel has been threatening to bomb Iran for years and has not happened. Israel has more hot air than Bill O'Reilly. It is all hype.

Pakistan is right on the border and is perfect for a launching point into China.

Russia is getting better but the U.S. will try to damage the Russian economy somehow and will create a missile crisis in Poland similar to that of Cuban missile crisis of 1962. NATO forces are already beyond the line they were not supposed to cross already, that is, not supposed to cross into Eastern Europe and beyond. Again, what a load of...

Remember the skirmish between Georgia and Russia? FOX had a interview with a little Georgian girl who was there and she blurted out her thanks to Russian soldiers for helping defeat Georgian soldiers. Makes you think. In any case, like I said before Russia and China are the real targets. NOT Iran.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
You do realize that Iran is being played right?

The Russians love the fact that there are sanctions against Iran. Why does this have any barring on the US? OIL. The Russians would love nothing more than to tie up Europe with them relying on Russia for oil. Iran can't sell their oil with the sanctions in place.

So Russia gets a captured customer [Europe] and Iran is locked out. Of course Iran is going to be mad at the US and try to cause trouble with Israel.
Russia sells Iran weapon$ and $ells oil to Europe.

That's the only reason they want the situation to stay the same. Not becuase they are great allies of Iran.

Source

Russia also benefits from the tense relationship between Tehran and the West: because of Western sanctions, Tehran cannot sell its gas to the lucrative European market. Instead, Russia and Gazprom remain Europe's dominant suppliers.

Were Iran to break out of its international isolation, either by abandoning its weapons program or undergoing regime change, European governments and energy companies would rush to complete deals that would reduce their dependence on Moscow. The consortium behind the planned Nabucco gas pipeline, which would bring 30 billion cubic meters (bcm) of gas a year to Europe while bypassing Russia, are already clamoring for permission to do a deal with Tehran. The Kremlin has little incentive to do anything that would undermine its ability to use gas supplies as leverage with their European customers.

Read more at: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Russia may face wars over energy: Kremlin

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia may face wars on its borders in the near future over control of energy resources, a Kremlin document on security policy said Wednesday.

The Kremlin has watched with displeasure as the European Union, the United States and China seek to challenge its dominance over energy supplies from the former Soviet Union.

The paper did not name potential adversaries, but Russia, the world's biggest energy producer, shares a border of more than 3,600 km (2,250 miles) with resource-hungry China and a small sea border with the United States.

"In a competition for resources, problems that involve the use of military force cannot be excluded that would destroy the balance of forces close to the borders of the Russian Federation and her allies," said the document, which maps out Russia's security strategy until 2020.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Whatever the motivation of russia is, my biggest interest is still with china. What would china do? And what will happen of course. Will there be a showdown eventually? If so, who against who and who will prevail?

I found china to be far more mysterious and unpredictable compare to russia. Between the three, looking at their current situation right now, I think china is slightly on the lead. China has a lot of potentials, russia is relying too much on oil and gas, and the US, well it's the US, what do you expect, it has this and that kind of problem.

top topics

join