It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The paracrap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Anyone ever listen to that show? Its better known as the paracast. It has two hosts...the blowhard David Biedney and his lapdog Gene Stienberg. These two fools think that thier show is the answer to all paranormal shows. I listened to the first few shows...and laughed, thier questons were idiotic at best and thier constant jealousy for the Coast to Coast was so evident that is was sad. I read thier forums...a few times and realized they only treat thier butt kissing fans with respect there and show anyone else who disagrees with them..utter disrespect.

Don't make the fat man mad..or he will ban you. Making him mad is as follows...disagree with them, question his experiences ( which by the way are the actual truth and everyone else's experiences are to be questioned:@@
, question any of thier fans( butt kissers), actually pretty much anything that has to do with not praising him and his shows. I listened to the show because I myself am a skeptic and was hoping it would be a show that would ask tough questions but it isn't. I never joined thier forum because after reading posts by people who disagree with them and finding out those people get banned, I knew it nothing but a couple of powerless weasels who get to abuse thier mod powers to fulfill thier need for power.

The fatman(David) also likes to brag about his special skill..a skill that can be taught and learned. Special effects, manipulation of photos and anything to with film or photos. They have like five or six constant posters who kneel and praise these guys...anyone that thinks for themselves gets a ban. I write this rant because after years if not listeing to it, I finally listened to it a few weeks ago and realized they have not changed...David is still the blowhard who toots his own horn and Gene still hangs on his every word.

Does anyone actually listen to this garbage?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Does anyone actually listen to this garbage?

Um, I've actually found The Paracast shows to be a good source of interesting discussions (as I mentioned in my "Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack" in Section 5.3 Podcasts / Internet radio programs).

I also thought it was rather generous of the hosts of The Paracast (i.e. Gene Steinberg and David Biedny) to make the archives of their show available as free downloads. Click on this link for The Paracast's archives.

I haven't listened to it in a while now, partly because I find the advertising during the shows a bit irritating - albeit probably better than paying for access - and also partly because I find it much quicker to read material than to listen to podcasts or watch documentaries.

In Britain, we get quality radio programmes (particularly on BBC Radio 4) being broadcast without any advertising and free of charge - so listening to American/Canadian shows with losts of adverts is a bit strange...

If you know of better sources of ufological podcasts (other than ones already mentioned in my thread at the links above), I'm sure other members of ATS would be interested in hearing of them.

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 28-9-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I also enjoy The Paracast. Not necessarily because of the hosts, although I do find their line of questioning and query to be a lot less gullible than George Noory's who comes across a little too naive and readily acceptant of the bulk of the rampant BS that seems to be magnetically drawn to Coast To Coast. In other words he's a nice guy on the air and appears to be afraid to offend and make an enemy which is respectible in a social stance but does not apply in any field of science especially one as sketchy as the Paranormal field of study which is obviously rife with nuts and wacks with no verifiable proof to back most of their claims.

With all of that said, the main reason I enjoy The Paracast is for the quality of the guests they have on such as Robert Hastings, Don Ecker, Jacques Vallee, Greg Bishop, Dr. Bruce Maccabee, Curt Southerly, Jeff Ritzmann and Jeremy Vaeni.

Now Jeff and Jeremy have their own Podcast, Paratopia which has seemingly the same quality guests but sometimes the language factor can be a bit much and sometimes it just comes across as blatant and gratuitous and I feel professionally that that can hinder the underlying discussion and study. That is not to say that I do not enjoy it. It's just that at times it comes across as more entertainment and less substance and in this field I do not want to be entertained as I take it very seriously.

I appreciate your stance as David can at times come across a bit brash and with a bit of braggadoccio but I do not let those elements otherwise hinder the quality of information that generally comes from this program. All in all, unless you know of a better program, The Paracast consistently puts out a fine mass of quality info as well as not being afraid to ferret out the hucksters and snake-oil scheisters that purvey this field.

I too enjoy the pursuit of separating "Signal" from "Noise".

My dos centavos,

Erik

[edit on 22/SepamMon, 28 Sep 2009 08:59:17 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
I read thier forums...a few times and realized they only treat thier butt kissing fans with respect there and show anyone else who disagrees with them..utter disrespect.

Don't make the fat man mad..or he will ban you.

By the way, there was another thread here on ATS discussing The Paracast podcasts a couple of years ago.

Mmm.

I've just been looking again at the post that started that other thread...

Is it just me or is the post by "soulstealer2099" that started the other thread rather similar in style and content to the post the started this new thread (complete with reference to "butt" kissing fans, jealousy of other shows and banning of members from the Paracast forums)?

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 28-9-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Actually that is where I got the idea of writing this thread. I used his/her words because they were more polite than I could ever be...
. I was hoping they would reply...to give us more insight or at least to give me hell for stealing his/her words and idea from them. Oh well most likely has better things to do or has moved on from hating the paracrap...I am a new hater..
. As for George Norry or as the lame ones would call him...george snorry..LAME....his show is entertaining..not informative...I like how they allow you to make your own mind up about stories. Most if not all coast to coast is complete garbage but it is entertaining. Where as the paracast thinks they have all the answers. Fatman likes to tell his stories and gets mad when questioned about them....but he is allowed to make a mockery of his guests when they have such similiar stories. I don't believe Biedney or his stories, just like I don't believe most of stuff on here. As long as all you have is just stories then that is all they are...and nothing more. If someone asks why do I come on here...for information about some things and for entertainment.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have never actually listened to the show. So I cannot say whether it is good or bad. I will go ahead and look up the forums when I get off work though. Keep in mind though that ALOT of paranormal work is readily accepted into the paranormal community without proof simply because it was "paranormal" and "normal" methods don't usually suffice in regards to measuring, recording or otherwise proving the event.

Personally I believe that flaming a community for trying to understand something that is as of yet, not understood is a little harsh. Albeit the methods are more often than not, questionable at best.

It's no different than a Christian preaching about their All Loving God and not being able to show if he/she really exists or not. It is all faith based as of right now. At least until we have sufficient technological resources to prove/disprove such things

top topics

join