It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Media Creating News?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Seeker_82

Yes, someone is controlling the free flow of information.
I guess like everything else it is the almighty dollar.

"Sensational" written and directed by Create a Crisis, starring nightly on your network news.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I think that the media has always been 75% fact, 25% sensationalism. But, I don't blame them in the least.

The media reports what they want including 100% lies. Film footage of riots were shown on national TV in 1970 and the reporter talked of the large riots at Purdue University. The truth was the campus was absolutely quite. There was nothing happening except students hurrying to their next class. That was not reporting 75% fact. That was pure lies to justify why the students at Kent state were killed. the Kent State riots were not about the Vietnam War but because the town would not allow older students living in the town year round and going to Kent State on the GI bill to VOTE!! Again the reporting was a lie.

My boy friend, a 'Nam Vet, was in the Kent State riot and had been denied his right to vote. No where do you see mentioned the issue was Vietnam veterans were being denied the right to vote, instead the report is it was a Vietnam War protest. In the first case, denying the right to vote, the government was completely in the wrong, in the second case the government was acting to restore peace putting a much more positive twist on the situation. Reports of other fictious riots lent credibility to this lie. My faith in the news media died that year when I realized the media is a US government propaganda machine and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

The only commentator I listen to is the Mormon guy, Glenn Beck. He presents a lot of facts, and then procedes to give a logical opinion based on the previously hidden facts. Like all the Communists, Marxists, and terrorists in the White House. THAT is not reported any. THAT is very newsworthy to me. My opinion could be that I love it, because I hate America and want it to fail. Or my opinion could be that this is the evidence that makes me loathe the Kenyan. He presents both facts, and his opinion. But based on those facts, the 'dogs' in the White House all bite. I am one that does not, and do not like the nasty dogs that bite, even if they are black. IN MY OPINION this whole stuff aboout any opposition to black dogs that bite, is a whole lot of racism.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
*It goes bump, ba, ba, bump*

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
During one of the Journalism courses I took early on, I remember the instructor giving a definition/ example of propaganda that I have always remembered.
It was this:

"Suppose you want to prove that all dogs bite. You will not lie, you will simply only report about biting dogs". That is to the complete omission of the dogs who are gentle, and do not bite, of course.

Lies of omission are still lies just the same since deception is the intent. It is interesting, but perhaps unsurprising to the choir, that institutionally sanctioned sociopathy is considered ethical conduct. I suppose it assists the budding professional in not losing sleep over the addiction to their newfound power, given that it was learned and sanctioned as a tool of the trade during education and is one they didn't really earn but will now use without discrimination. Why? Because they can and for the thrill of it all. I'm sure it's worse to kick that habit than heroin or even the dreaded and perniciously-evil cigarette.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join