It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major General Smedley Darlington Butler: ATS Idol

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
those involed included some of America's richest and most famous names of the time:

" Irenee Du Pont - Right-wing chemical industrialist and founder of the American Liberty League, the organization assigned to execute the plot.
" Grayson Murphy - Director of Goodyear, Bethlehem Steel and a group of J.P. Morgan banks.
" William Doyle - Former state commander of the American Legion and a central plotter of the coup.
" John Davis - Former Democratic presidential candidate and a senior attorney for J.P. Morgan.
" Al Smith - Roosevelt's bitter political foe from New York. Smith was a former governor of New York and a co-director of the American Liberty League.
" John J. Raskob - A high-ranking Du Pont officer and a former chairman of the Democratic Party. In later decades, Raskob would become a "Knight of Malta," a Roman Catholic Religious Order with a high percentage of CIA spies, including CIA Directors William Casey, William Colby and John McCone.
" Robert Clark - One of Wall Street's richest bankers and stockbrokers.
" Gerald MacGuire - Bond salesman for Clark, and a former commander of the Connecticut American Legion. MacGuire was the key recruiter to General Butler.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
the business plot was headed by people such as mr prescott bush, Maxwell (the coffee), and Mr. Heinz (the ketchup). too late to do anything now since they already won

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
It is a shame he didn't lead the 500,000 troops into the city and throw out the congress - kill all the bankers and repeal all the laws protecting banks and corporations.

I can only hope that just around the corner the revolution is brewing, and that the scum who have floated to the top will get a bullet in the head, which they so richly deserve.

I couldn't agree with you more.
I never thought about it until I learned some new information. I wonder where we'd be? I knew of General Butler it just never popped into mind what could've happened.
A great man indeed.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
What's a bit scary is that I see another Busienss Plot developing right now. Obama has presented himself as no friend of Big Business. If corporate America joins forces with the significant anti-Obama movement, they could wreck Obama's presidency and win the government back in 2012.

Of course, they'd then bring in a fascist, right-wing populist dictatorship to America, but what do they know about that?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I have a book on the attempted coup Major General Butler was a true patriot.It's sad that years later the plotters won the White House when Regan and the rest were elected.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

"...In 1933 Prescott Bush, who was a financier of the Nazi party -- in fact one of the largest bankers for the Nazi party in the U.S. In 1933 he drew up a plan to engage a fascist coup in the U.S. similar to what Mussolini was doing in Italy and Hitler was doing in Germany because he believed it was the best way to stabilize the economy in the aftermath of the depression. The plan was to oust Franklin Delano Roosevelt and essentially take over the country with military force.

The BBC, if you can believe it, and I have the links in the article you’ll see, the BBC actually did investigative reporting on this, complete with a radio show, confirming that it’s true; including this General from the U.S., who actually defected and went against the plan and blew the whistle on it. And there was a Congressional inquiry and it was stopped; but, yet it was very hush, hush and nothing ever went anywhere, because these guys commanded a fierce, terrifying amount of power."

www.projectcamelot.org...

...everyone really should listen to what David Wilcock's got to say...

[edit on 28-9-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Fantastic, S+F.
This is how heroes are made,
and General Butler is no exception.
To go up against people who had so much control like that
requires balls, honour and love of justice and equality.

The fact he went along with it all until he thought he could nail them,
but is it because they did not believe him or that most of congress still
was held by these bankers since the creation of America?

If more people were like this man,
we would all be sitting here with no recession, war, and we would have ACTUAL freedom.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Doctor G was a good guy but at some point after getting his doctorate he began taking in more alcohol than information. More often than not he saw things my way if I threw enough books at him (and once or twice proved me wrong, truth be told). I don't know where he got it but he seemed to be regurgitating disinfo that he had been sold by someone else, because he didn't have many details and was eventually won over when I gave him the famous "I could give Al Capone a hint" quote.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This is a GREAT thread, and should help some of you understand just how far back the history of how we got here really goes. Please take the time to read up on this man. He is an unsung American Hero.

Star And Flag!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Maybe the whole 911 thing is a new coupe... think about all the anti gov rhetorical it has stirred up. Just my .02... Oh and for the ppl who said that he should have over thrown the congress and killed the bankers. The bankers funded him so that prob was in the game plan. But I do wonder how our world would have differed if he wasnt such a noble man.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
wonderful man

I wish the people in the power were half the man he is.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbd15d957d43.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
i think that this guy is a douche

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Doctor G was a good guy but at some point after getting his doctorate he began taking in more alcohol than information. More often than not he saw things my way if I threw enough books at him (and once or twice proved me wrong, truth be told). I don't know where he got it but he seemed to be regurgitating disinfo that he had been sold by someone else, because he didn't have many details and was eventually won over when I gave him the famous "I could give Al Capone a hint" quote.

That is sad about your professor becoming so ingrained in alcohol, pun intended.

Smedley Butler, the Marine, was a damn good man, for him to have stopped what was intended to happen, saved American lives, because through all of my investigation into this particular plot, without having read his book, but all sorts of books around that particular topic, the Fascist's had planned Fascist Concentration Camps to be running here in America the same time as the Nazi Concentration Camps were running in Europe.

Fascism

Quote from : Wikipedia : Fascism

Fascism, pronounced /ˈfæʃɪzəm/, comprises a radical and authoritarian nationalist political ideology and a corporatist economic ideology developed in Italy.

Fascists believe that nations and/or races are in perpetual conflict whereby only the strong can survive by being healthy, vital, and by asserting themselves in conflict against the weak.

Fascists advocate the creation of a single-party state.

Fascist governments forbid and suppress openness and opposition to the government and the fascist movement.

Fascism opposes class conflict, blames capitalist liberal democracies for its creation and communists for exploiting the concept.

Every Time Someone Called You A Fascist, They Might Have Been Right, Is Your Ideology Fascist?

Here is a list that lead to the behind the scenes action I am speaking about :

Wall Street and FDR

Wall Street & the Bolshevik Revolution

Wall Street & the Rise of Hitler

The Game of the Foxes: The Untold Story of German Espionage in the United States and Great Britain During World War II

The Gulag Archipelago Volume 1: An Experiment in Literary Investigation

America's Secret Establishment: An Introduction to the Order of Skull & Bones

IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation

The Creature From Jekyll Island: A Second Look At the Federal Reserve

Tragedy & Hope: A History of the World in Our Time

The Medusa File: Secret Crimes and Coverups of the U. S. Government

The True Story of the Bilderberg Group

Hoodwinked: Watching Movies with Eyes Wide Open

Secret Societies and Psychological Warfare

Now, while not every single book speaks about Smedley Butler, or the coup for the White House specifically, they all speak about aspects of the ground covered behind the scenes that led up to that event in some way, the events happening around that event, and as well the ground covered after Butler assisted in stopping the coup for the White House which the Fascist's tried to take from America.

This is the short list as well but you will notice that all of them surround Wall Street, Secret Societies, and Government, I am not saying any one specific "government" there, but all the countries linked herein had and still have high ambitions.

Obamaland : Cotton Candy, Gumdrops, and Rainbow Dreams, This is the Land of Collusion

Remember, these powerful elitists, mistook Butler for a fascist, because of his discipline, duty, and honor, but what they found instead was someone who meant what he said and did, discipline, duty, and honor are not fascist ideals wholly, they are about doing the right thing, for the right reason, for the right people.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If it was good for Smedley Butler, it's good enough for me!

Next to Chesty Puller this guy is one of the all time greatest Marines; a hero to us.

Semper Fi!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
. I would further suggest that any congressperson who votes for war must have their children and grandchildren serving on the front lines.

If everyone had to make sacrifices for the wars, we would miraculously have a lot less of them.

Cheers for you! I would also suggest that no Congressman or Senator or President or Vice President be allowed to hold stock in any company that would make a profit should we go to war. They should have to sell that stock before taking office. Not like Cheney who merely had his stock held in escrow. He still got the full value of his Halliburton earnings on the deaths of America's children in the Iraq war when he left office.

Cheers also to the OP for enlightening me. I never even heard of Major General Butler before today.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by clarktkhoury

Nice contribution. I should s&f you for that statement. Hell, we all should. thank you so much for the insightful well thought out contribution to a very informative thread. So, how did you come to your conclusion? I heard a rumor that they were able to "sense" their own kind. Are you one also?

To the op. I have known the tale of Gen. Butler for a while now. Have told this to many friends and family and they all were unaware of this. Some scoffed at the idea of somethibg like this haappening. My father in law thought I was a little "kooky" for some of my ideas and views on the workings of our gov. He has come around some now , after presentin articles, and also the recent events he now "knows" that somthin ain"t right.

I was in the military also, and was on deploymen to Bosnia in the 90's. That is when I began to open my eyes to the way things really were. Brown and Root providing all the services on the camp. $100 for a bag of laundry, food services, cleaning of baths and showers, all done mostly by locals who were paid pennies on the dollar for the contractors receiving millions to do the work.

Could not wait for my time to be up and ets.

who do we really serve? I think we all know and it makes me ill.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Excellent post! I have recently heard about Butler on another site and thought the same thing. What a courageous and brave American. We need more people to follow his example.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Thanks for the list. I will have to make time to read it. The amount of disinformation we are fed in school and by the mass media is truely mind boggling.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Thanks for the list. I will have to make time to read it. The amount of disinformation we are fed in school and by the mass media is truely mind boggling.

I agree with your assessment.

Every single company in all of those books was either connected through Wall Street, or still is connected there, and as well the vast majority of them are still in business today.

The one book "I.B.M. and the Holocaust" surprised the Hell out of me, because that company both assisted Hitler in tracking down the Jews, through the Census, while simultaneously running the Census here in America.

They are still in business today too, you know I.B.M., the big "Blue Chip" computer company.

They are behind Verichip/Digital Angel the "bio-chip" that our Government has in mind for us.

I think Smedley Butler is rolling in his grave right now, and they better watch out or he might just come out of his permanent retirement to kick their micro"chip"ped butts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join