It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

becoming too excited to meditate, astral, etc?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I keep coming across this problem,

whenever i get a positive response from meditating or trying to astral project, for the next few days to weeks, i cannot seem to concentrate anymore.

i.e. i was trying to astral project one night after a 15 min meditation, i got the sensations that some feel, cool chest body, some pulsing lights, slight shake of body, and the sensation of trying to seperate from the body. afterwards i felt really good about what i had accomplished that night as i didnt fully project. the next night i tried again knowing that i was pretty close to succeeding. but alas i failed to even get the slightest sign.

same thing happened with telekinesis, moved and object slightly, i got excited and now i cant do it.

Im a making my self to excited to successfully do any of the posted?

What should i do to avoid this problem or erase it completely?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Same problem here
I am looking forward to answers!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Maybe it will sound sort of glib but I think the point is that you have to work on not being excited about it. For me, imagining grabbing hold of my amygdala in both hemispheres has a positive effect in quelling excessive excitement or fear. Pet it like a kitty.

No joke here. It seems to work for me reasonably well and it could help someone else.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Force yourself to do a meditation that differs to the one that over excites you, after a few days once you've calmed down go back to the original exercise.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
check out my astralpedia threads they have a bunch of tips that i will probably forget to mention.

anyway.

The first problem to address is thought during meditation. Dont think that you want to project, know it and feel it. The suggestion of projection is all that is required, dont dwell on projection or you never will.

a good way to focus is to think or hold and object or location within your minds eye. See it within your head as if you would if you where daydreaming.

also you could try to see and feel yourself somewhere else, in essence projecting to it, bypassing projection sensations. Lets say your bathroom, go there and stand infron of lets say your bathtub and memorize how it all feels and look. Then focus on that.

A good way to stay focused in meditation is to have a clear mind always..focus on keeping it clear. Just push thoughts out as they come in. Focus on breathing of an external sound ( although silence is best ).

When and if you start feeling sensations go with it, you will slip out all by yourself if you remain aware. A common misconception about projection is that it requires effort. In reality it will happen naturally if you give it time and manage to remain aware.

focus on staying aware during meditation.

Also do some energy channeling. THis may help out significantly.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Thank you all for the tips!!!

Enlightenup, so you say stroking the amygdala, mmmmm, sounds crazy enough to work for me!!! Lol. ( I'll seriously try it though)

And Phi1618, Ive been reading your forum and it has amazing information. I feel I should first become comfortable with meditation and astral, before getting into more of the advanced stuff.

Now that I think of it, I do alot of that putting myself in certain positions/places that I've been in before. I've never thought about applying that to this though.

As far as energy work/channeling, I never fully understood the process. I mean what is it exactly?

I might have done it, when I practiced telekinesis, in which I would envision myself absorbing energy from the earth and then moving it around my body and finally into my hands or to the object I was attempting to move.

Is that some form of energy work?

Thanks again!!!

Wow all that typed(tapped) on an iPod touch!!

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Mondax]

new topics

top topics

join