It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton on The Joiner Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I know there are a lot of fans of this case here so give a listen. I'm a fan of the show and Angelia does a nice job interviewing. 10 PM eastern tonight so tune in. I'll be in the chat room so say howdy!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Is he still trying to sell his science fiction story? Looking for more gullible people to buy his story. I know that all alien abductions stories are the result of mental illness, sleep paralysis and other mundane explainations that the believers refuse to look at, but this guy is just simply making it up..IMO.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

This is the Movie : Fire In THe Sky incident ??
If so, these guys have nver failed one lie detector test and never changed their story, so, let me see your evidence of the contrary ...
thanks !!!

if I am mixing stories, I apologize...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Read this article..it is from a reporter that was one the first to interview Travis Walton.

www.debunker.com...

Just iin case here are some quotes:

The first person to put Travis Walton under hypnosis:

James Harder was using hypnosis to lead Travis Walton into "remembering" a proper UFO abduction story. UFOlogists cite the apparent consistencies of these stories as proof that they are supposedly authentic! But here we glimpse the real reason behind the apparent similarities: Harder rehearsed Walton's story over and over again until the latter was ready to face the press and tell a convincing story.[/

About the first lie detector test:

The test lasted an hour and I was in the next room fending off the TV crew when I heard the cowboy scream: "I'll kill the sonofabitch!"

The kid had failed the test miserably. The polygraph man said it was the plainest case of lying he'd seen in 20 years but the office was yelling for another expert and a different result

About getting help from scientists:

The Walton's refused any outside scientific help or anyone who logically doubted the abduction portion of the story.[/

ABout the family:

The media and GSW was fair to the witnesses. However, when the story started to 'fall apart' the Waltons would only talk to people who did not doubt the abduction story

The story:

The Waltons 'sold' their story to the National Enquirer and the story was completely twisted from the truth.

So its not even the original and was changed, and walton went along with the change.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by kerazeesicko]

[edit on 25-9-2009 by kerazeesicko]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Is he still trying to sell his science fiction story? Looking for more gullible people to buy his story. I know that all alien abductions stories are the result of mental illness, sleep paralysis and other mundane explainations that the believers refuse to look at, but this guy is just simply making it up..IMO.

I'm more than a little skeptical about abductions, but I'm willing to give a listen.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Awesome! He was one of my requested guests to Angelia!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fls13

I'm more than a little skeptical about abductions, but I'm willing to give a listen.

You both might find this thread here on ATS intrinsically fascinating. I know I did. There is some unanswered questions I have concerning the broad spectrum application of the logic but the overall studies are very sound. Interesting.

Cheers and great OP!

Erik

[edit on 22/SeppmFri, 25 Sep 2009 20:44:47 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
reply to post by kerazeesicko

This is the Movie : Fire In THe Sky incident ??
If so, these guys have nver failed one lie detector test and never changed their story, so, let me see your evidence of the contrary ...
thanks !!!

if I am mixing stories, I apologize...

Read original reports by Phil Klass and others. Travis Walton did fail lie detector tests. And once you start making money thanks to the gullible would you change your story? Let me see your/their evidence to prove this case wasn't a major hoax!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Actually, Travis Walton failed his first lie detector test. The "investigators" tried to cover it up. When the information about the test was found out, the "investigators" immediately trashed the test administrator's reputation.

The others did pass, but they did not see the UFO chasing them. I read the book and noticed that part. They could be totally honest in their answers as they were scared. They were not in on the possible hoax, so they could make reliable witnesses.

I am on the fence with this case, and the lie detector fiasco is the main reason. With "investigators" like those, ufology has no need for skeptics.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The one reason I think Mr Walton may be telling the truth is that he may have been fed intravenously while on board the craft. He lost over ten pounds, and yet his blood tests indicated he was being nourished.

Mr Walton was a young forest worker then. I doubt he would of stopped eating and just taken vitamins.

That is the one aspect that makes me think he is telling the truth.

It is a shame the way the original investigators botched this case up just to have a Betty and Barney Hill type case.

I would not believe anything that Philip Klass has to say on the subject. The man was a debunker plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The first lie detector test Walton failed was rigged. The examiner was trying to make him fail so he did. After that he went on to pass multiple lie detector tests.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

That charge is what the "investigators" claim. They did not like the results, so they trash the man who administrated the test. It is possible Mr Walton was so nervous he "failed" the test. They are only 85% accurate to begin with. The test itself is not the problem. The problem is the "investigators" not releasing the information and then trashing the administrator when the results were found out.

That is not good investigating tools on their part. They were biased to immediately believe the story. Investigations should be neutral and gather all the facts and evidence of what happened.

The main physical evidence of a young man losing 10 lbs while gone for a few days and yielding blood tests that indicate nourishment should weigh much more heavily than a lie detector test. However, the taint of the investigators trying to hide the results leaves people from looking at the rather intriguing evidence.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The Joiner Report Guest Travis Walton

Played: 287 | Download | Duration: 00:50:14
with host Angelia Joiner

del.icio.us Stumbleupon Technorati Digg
Posted by Paranormal Radio Network at 9/25/2009 8:59 PM
Categories: ufo alien paranormal radio ghost newage podcast talk radio poltics Exopolitics
Tags: ufo alien paranormal radio ghost newage podcast talk radio politics Joe Montaldo Exopolitics UPRN

What did you think of this article?
Liked
Disliked
No Opinion

Looks like the download is ready to roll.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I know that all alien abductions stories are the result of mental illness, sleep paralysis and other mundane explainations that the believers refuse to look at

Obviously you don't know as much as you think you do.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I sure Travis met some one in those missing hours.
And had to come up with a story agreed to by the FBI.
Perhaps even MIB were giving him a briefing.
Like what you actually saw.
ED: Well he didn't eat much being sedated so he would not
roam around or recognizes costumed agents or medical team.
He was knocked unconscious and once he was found to be OK
they put him back on the ground in the hands of the MIB and
FBI.
Yeah he got probed with needles to knock him out with drugs.
He got wasted for not eating under the drugging.
They figured to let him go instead of more illegal activity like
keeping the technology secret, killing cattle and crops.
Add kidnapping perhaps.
Exactly where is the saucer base.

[edit on 9/28/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I know that all alien abductions stories are the result of mental illness, sleep paralysis and other mundane explainations that the believers refuse to look at,

I think some stories do have a mundane explanation, but there are those that just simply don't, and I still count myself on the skeptic side

ABout the family:
The media and GSW was fair to the witnesses. However, when the story started to 'fall apart' the Waltons would only talk to people who did not doubt the abduction story

Imagine how you would feel people constantly cross questioning you, trying to make you trip up. Wouldn't YOU get fed up of it?

As for selling his story, why not? I would!

I hope one of you nice people will be uploading this broadcast on ATS at some point

[edit on 28/9/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I know that all alien abductions stories are the result of mental illness, sleep paralysis and other mundane explainations that the believers refuse to look at,

Oh yes that explains it all. Travis was crazy went out into the woods where his friends saw swamp gas reflecting the light of venus. Then travis collapses on the floor and goes into sleep paralysis for a couple days where crazy travis thinks he is being abducted by aleins. This was a one time deal which i believe adds to his credibility. He is not saying that he gets abducted all the time, the aliens in his story do not have cool names like Ashtar, Bashar, cmdraleon or Greer. Most of all he does not channel aliens for a small fee.

About the lie detector tests. Travis has failed and passed lie detector tests, this is the reason why courts will not allow lie detector tests to be used as evidence.

top topics

join