It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's second enrichment plant 'not secret': Nuclear chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Iran's second enrichment plant 'not secret': Nuclear chief

ca.news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN (AFP) - Iran's new uranium enrichment plant, whose existence was made public on Friday, was not secret and would operate under the UN nuclear watchdog's rules, the country's nuclear chief told AFP as the United States, Britain and France demanded immediate access to it.
ADVERTISEMENT

"This installation is not a secret one, which is why we announced its existence to the IAEA," Ali Akbar Salehi said.

"When I took over the job in July, I committed myself to accelerate cooperation (with the International Atomic Energy Agency) and, within the existing framework of regulations an
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Now Im confused....

I mean, I believed someone within the IAEA always must have known about this installation....

Nuclear plants aren't exactly easily to hide...
They need major exhaust, and if they are underground.. there still must be s

Also, it's damn near impossible to believe with all the surveillance and infraed and radioactive scanners the U.S and EU has eyed on Iran....

So Im REALLY confused.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-9-2009 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
interesting , looks like the west dropped the ball on this one. As long as they dont add nuclear material to it in the next 180 days theyre inside IAEA guidelines (or so they claim)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Western intelligence found out about the nuclear plant. The type/size of the plant does not conform to a power plant. When Iran found out, they contacted the organization to pre-empt any western notification to the public.

top topics

join