It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're doooomed. Well, not really.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

SALT LAKE CITY -- The Utah Geological Survey has been busy digging holes, trying to find more information on the frequency of large past earthquakes along the Wasatch Fault Line.

So when will the next big earthquake strike the Wasatch Front metro area? "When we look at the most active part of the fault, these earthquakes occur about every 300 years. The most recent large earthquake on the Wasatch Fault occurred about 350 years ago near Nephi," said DuRoss.

Overall, DuRoss says a large earthquake is due. "So in the Wasatch the safe thing to say is that one of these earthquakes could occur at any time," he said.

Link to article
www.ksl.com...

Thought I'd try a non political thread. This is local to us, since I live on the "bench" of the Wasatch Front.

Though, I think Obama might be to blame. . . .

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So your a fellow Utahn huh?
Good OP and I've been waiting for the big one for a while. Hopefully it isn't too bad when it happens, not if.

Blame Obama?

I hope there was some sarcasm there.

Either way I think it's a mix of everything from HAARP to the cyclic nature of our world.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well...why don't you guys just leave town for a while and let whatever is going to happen blow through? Is there really anything IN Utah?

Nah, you know i'm kidding. Maybe you guys should perform some sort of sacrifice, or something to appease the earthquake gods. Buncha pagans.

Overall, DuRoss says a large earthquake is due. "So in the Wasatch the safe thing to say is that one of these earthquakes could occur at any time," he said.

But really...is that a warning? It's safe to say it COULD? :p do they pay this guy in real money?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Is there really anything IN Utah?

The Osmonds.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d6ffb824b05.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I unfortunately agree, nothing but mormons and fundamentalist break off religions here or as I like to call them, cults. I'm still trying to get out of this state and someday I WILL!!! lol

But I'm in central Utah anyway, pretty much BFE, middle of nowhere. So when the world comes to an end I will be the last to go. Or so I think.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Apparently while you are focusing on Utah, you are completely ignoring the very real possiblity of a major eruption in the Yellowstone area of Wyoming.

Oh....well...it's not YOU doing the focus.....

Still....from a "fragile earth" standpoint....is there ANYTHING that we Humans can do???

I mean....really, think about it.....

stuff happens.....

top topics

join