It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the time arose...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If something happened in the near future and people needed a leader, would you be up to the task? Think about it really hard. Being a true leader can be very taxing on a person physically, mentally, emotionally, etc... It takes true courage to be a real leader.

And I'm not talking about "leaders" like the politicians we see now, or movie "stars," or athletes, or etc... I'm talking about someone who can bring true change. Someone that people can truly trust. Someone that people are not afraid to question. Someone that can say, "I don't know." Someone that would give their life for the well being of the people they are trying to help.

Do people like that still exists? I'm sure there are a few in the military who might be like that. Maybe there are a few "regular" people that are like that. Are you like that? Again, think about it.

Personally, I can't honestly answer that question until the time arises.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I would be a leader. But I would do what is necessary. I would not do what is most liked and what the people wanted. (unless there one and the same) I would do what ever has to be done.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Why would you not do what is most liked or what the people want? When you say, what ever has to be done, do you mean, what you personally think should be done, or what is most logical?

I understand that a leader should not do what is most liked or what people want but only if the people aren't thinking logically. I think the leader should be able to get the people to agree on what is most logical, even if the peoples' and the leader's opinions differ - and of course, vice versa. Would you agree? :-D

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The truth is that a lot of time members of first world nations are unable to do what is necessary. We have become to soft to unwilling to make sacrifices. Some times when the people lack the will. Some one else�s will must be forced on them.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I agree with you that members of first world nations (hell, any nation : ) are unable to do what is necessary, most of the time. It is unfortunate that most people are unwilling to make sacrifices nowadays. I think it has to do mostly with upbringing. Most children today are brought up to be greedy and self-indulgent, or they become that way from the influence of others later in life - they follow the herd.

It is also unfortunate that most people also lack the will to change anything, and so someone else's will is forced upon them. That is how countries become controlled by just a few, or one - a dictator. Again, as long as everyone is fine and dandy, and everyone gets what they want, people will turn a blind eye to whats really going on.

But, back to the subject at hand. Do you think the sign of a good leader is one that can instill courage and will power into a group of people?

new topics

top topics

join