It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Failed at VISUAL TRUTH

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I just found these vids on You-Tube and they make quite a good case, at least the first one does.

Some of the similarities are astounding, but others are a bit of a stretch. The problem is that we have to take the creator's (of the video) word that the Egyptian hieroglyphs, statues and images are of what they say they are.

Watch the video and decide for yourself!

Now the second video is actually a let down after the first, and I think it actually is a bit insulting in parts (especially to Muslims) although there are a few interesting assertions. This video makes me inclined to believe the first one may not be totally sourced correctly. Anyway decide for yourself.

A the end of it it asks the viewer to free their mind and not believe religion. Saying 'the writing is on the wall'. Funny, isn't that from the Bible? The story of Daniel? I may be wrong! But it's funny to try and get people to abandon religion by quoting a religious text.

There certainly many similarities between Egyptian Religious Iconography and that of most modern day religions.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i dont understand what you are trying to prove with these video's?

that religious symbolism is wrong?......

christianity isn't about the symbolism. its about a personal relationship with God. you dont need symbolism...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

I'm not trying to prove anything, it's just an interesting video that shows a lot of connections between Egyptian Symbolism and Iconography, and Christian Symbolism and Iconography.

Make of it what you will. Me personally, I think that God, if he exists, doesn't give a toss about al that, I also believe that it's one's own personal spirituality that is important.

All that stuff in the video, that's from MAN, not GOD, I think if anything the video proves that.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think the point of the Zeitgeist films were to make people aware that the alleged truth they have been told traditionally doesn't add up.

Most fudamentalist Christians would argue about the originality and uniqeness of their faith, not realising the evolution of the ideas from pagan roots ( which, of course, Western religions vehemently deny ).

I personally thought the second film was better, mostly because I was already aware of the religious aspects of the films. I especially like the conclusion that an economic system based on resources as opposed to money ( which has been clearly manipulated by a wealthy, greedy elite ) would be preferable.
Also, the information about the Fed was good. How many people are aware of this? Another good film, about the Fed and income taxes, is "Freedom to Fasicm".

I just think it's time to wake up.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have only watch the first video (i'm at work shhhh) and i don't understand the title "Zeitgeist Failed at VISUAL TRUTH" if anything it supports Zeitgeist. Zeitgeist was focused on the story of Jesus, this covers other areas.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well there were many htings wrong with Time Ghost besides the religious side. But there were many errors in the whole segment of religion. But this video kinda goes over part one.
Check this one out

The only thing harder to believe than the story of 19 hijackers orchestrated a terrorist attack with the hel from an arab on dialisis in a cave is that the movie Zietgeist is full of facts.

The guy in the video i linked to is obviously christian to some degree but he makes a VERY good point. Check the references an dont believe everything you see on youtube.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyrossius Maxim

Star

I agree...to me, Zeitgeist is one of the most influential documentaries, I say that because regardless of what's not totally accurate, it forces you to at least scratch your head

and realize we've been lied to period

se most don't even know that much; we've been living in a bubble and by Zeitgeist coming along to burst it it brings about the desire to research...

it at least unplugs you from the matrix if only for a minute

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Symbols represent a great part of type of CULT this particular religion is and not only that it also gives hints on how to decode the religious text.

And one thing i find highly ignorant of most religious people is "HAVING A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD" nothing wrong with it, its how can any being that is divided from himself or herself or hardly knows about themselve other than their social persona and ego have a relationship with GOD...makes no sense the Gnostics, Hindu-Vedas, Mayans, Tibetans, Buddhist...etc always emphasizes the point to know your self. SELF REALIZATION BEFOR GOD REALIZATION

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by Nyrossius Maxim

Star

I agree...to me, Zeitgeist is one of the most influential documentaries, I say that because regardless of what's not totally accurate, it forces you to at least scratch your head

and realize we've been lied to period

In other words.

You like zeitgeist beacause you like the lies it tells you. It fits in to what you believe even though you know the movie to have false information. It does not make you look anymore aware or smarter to be supporting something you know has factual errors just because you like what it says, kinda sounds like something a religious person would say don't you agree?

or i could say

I agree...to me, The bible is one of the most influential books, I say that because regardless of what's not totally accurate, it forces you to at least scratch your head

see most don't even know that much; we've been living in a bubble and by Zeitgeist coming along to burst it it brings about the desire to research...

it at least unplugs you from the matrix if only for a minute

So Zeitgeist is great becasue it is so full of crap you are forced to look up facts?

The movie Zeitgeist did not "bust anyone's bubble" or change anyones mind. It lied to everyone and people ate it up because that is what they wanted to hear. It was not made to inform anyone it was only made to preach to it's own chior. Last time i checked a good documentary was supposed to have facts not "bring about the desire to research", that is WHY I WATCH A DOCUMENTARY to learn about something to get informed. Not to be lied to like somekind of cruel hoax.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yep I agree. Zeitgeist is on the ball. Religion is just a farce. A control tool for TPTB. If u believe in God? You have every right to. But, you believe in nothing really!!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Maybe I need to watch it again, but the Zeitgeist films didn't expose me to a lot of new information- most of it I already knew- had already "researched", so, which parts are the BS?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyrossius Maxim
reply to post by zaiger

Maybe I need to watch it again, but the Zeitgeist films didn't expose me to a lot of new information- most of it I already knew- had already "researched", so, which parts are the BS?

I agree.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Gday,

Zeitgeist is full of errors.
If you bother to check, that is - which most don't.

For example - AcharyaS repeats totally false claims, such as :

* Mithras born of a virgin
FALSE.

* Mithras born Dec. 25th
FALSE.

If you swallow the crap in Zeitgesit, you will look like a fool later when you find out she was wrong on so many issues.

K.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by Nyrossius Maxim

Bollocks.
You didn't research it at all !
If you did, you would find she is wrong on very many issues.

She makes many FALSE claims,
such as all those gods being born on Dec. 25th and born of a virgin.

In fact, the vast majority were NOT.

So, Nyrossius Maxim, can YOU cite any evidense that, e.g. Mithras, was born on Dec. 25th?

Your research completely missed that BS.

And Nyrossius Maxim, can YOU cite any evidense that, e.g. Mithras, was born from a virgin?

Your research completely missed that BS too.

In short - you never checked any of her facts at all.
You believed every word of it without any research at all.

K.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by stevcolx
Yep I agree. Zeitgeist is on the ball.

Zeitgeist is full of crap.

But you never bothered to check that facts.

Now you look like an idiot.

K.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Thanks for a specific response. I will now have to do more research

I will still stand by my previous stance that the Zeitgeist films did a good job of introducing a wide variety of controversial subjects that many people never question at all. At least if you watch these films you will be forced to question the material, and I believe that's good.

When I say research, what I meant was the information I've already been exposed to: history of Christianity ( and, you're right, I don't know # about the Mithras), history of the Fed, and info on 9/11.

What I do know about Christianity, is that many of the traditions are taken from Pagan roots. Jesus, if he even existed at all, was not born on December 25th. The creation acount in Genesis was taken from Babylonian mythology ( epic of Gilgamesh ). And mankind has been fascinated by the sun since prehistoric times. I will now have to find a smoking gun on virgin births and risen saviors as that is still the main argument ( although, really a circular one ) that Christians like to present as their evidence of having the True religion.

So, thanks again for pointing out falacy, but I still like the exposure that Zeitgeist films brought. It's too bad that there are inaccuracies. Maybe I'll do more research and make my own film

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The film is really poorly researched, and presents many inaccuracies.
If it was the case that people looked at the evidence presented, researched, and came to their own conclusions, that would be one thing.
However, people are presenting the video in total as evidence, trading one dogma for another.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I like Zeitgeist. He's interesting.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I Don't think people realize that zeitgeist has been prove wrong. This was prove on a thread here at the ATS 3 years ago.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think The Zeitgeist is excellent, a great eye opener, it makes you question everything shown in the documentary. There was a few things in the religion segment that i did know, but there was a lot i didn't and everything else about The Fed, government, 9/11 etc i didn't know, and that’s when i started digging and researching which is when I found ATS

So I'm not going to ignore Zeitgeist over a couple topics especially about religion where just about everything is based on Myth and legend anyway, there is not much at all that can be proven and there are a few sites out there saying Mythra was of a virgin birth.

When you think about it if Mythra was born out of a stone, i didn't know a stone could perform the act of sex so technically... that’s a Virgin Birth

Here is a bit of info from The Secret Teachings of All Ages: scroll down to the heading "The Rites of Mithras"

There are many points of resemblance between Christianity and the cult of Mithras. One of the reasons for this probably is that the Persian mystics invaded Italy during the first century after Christ and the early history of both cults was closely interwoven. The Encyclopædia Britannica makes the following statement concerning the Mithraic and Christian Mysteries:

"The fraternal and democratic spirit of the first communities, and their humble origin; the identification of the object of adoration with light and the sun; the legends of the shepherds with their gifts and adoration, the flood, and the ark; the representation in art of the fiery chariot, the drawing of water from the rock; the use of bell and candle, holy water and the communion; the sanctification of Sunday and of the 25th of December; the insistence on moral conduct, the emphasis placed on abstinence and self-control; the doctrine of heaven and hell, of primitive revelation, of the mediation of the Logos emanating from the divine, the atoning sacrifice, the constant warfare between good and evil and the final triumph of the former, the immortality of the soul, the last judgment, the resurrection of the flesh and the fiery destruction of the universe--[these] are some of the resemblances which, whether real or only apparent, enabled Mithraism to prolong its resistance to Christianity,"

Mithras was born out of a rock, which, breaking open, permitted him to emerge. This occurred in the darkness of a subterranean chamber. The Church of the Nativity at Bethlehem confirms the theory that Jesus was born in a grotto, or cave. According to Dupuis, Mithras was put to death by crucifixion and rose again on the third day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join