It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Have A Definition of NWO & "TPTB"...Please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I asked nicely...OK??

I read it all the time. I see it in posts all the time and half the time I believe the people who use those trendy little catch phrases dont have a clue as to what it is they are talking about.

So, what I would like to propose is at least a loose definition of the two phrases. So that when people are reading your post..

A) they dont think your a loony conspiracy theorists who believe in reptillians

B) we can all can be on the same page when reading each others posts...

Heres wikis description of NWO:

In international relations theory, the term "new world order" has been used to refer to any new period of history evidencing a dramatic change in world political thought and the balance of power. Despite various interpretations of this term, it is primarily associated with the notion of global governance only in the sense of new collective efforts to identify, understand, or address worldwide problems that go beyond the capacity of individual states to solve.

New World Order

I agree with this one. I was going to write my own, but I thought this summed it up better.

Heres another wiki article describing those that began the inane belief there is some world cabal with a "Dr. Evil" style head at the steering wheel of this secret organization.

Prior to the early 1990s, New World Order conspiracism was limited to two subcultures, primarily the militantly antigovernment right, and secondarily Christian fundamentalists concerned with end-time emergence of the Antichrist.

What I think most here refer to the NWO is...Quite frankly, an obvious mis interpretations from certain books and scholarly takes on the NWO... confusing a scholarly take on the NWO (as described in the above quoted text from wiki) with the new age "conspiratorial" version listed in the "conspriacism" wiki article..

NWO Conspiracy Theory

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hmm.. I don't really know what the New World Order is supposed to mean, really, thus I don't use the term.

TPTB, I use to indicate the elitists, usually. It simply means the folks that are running the show in relation to whatever is currently be talked about.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
TPTB, I use to indicate the elitists, usually. It simply means the folks that are running the show in relation to whatever is currently be talked about.

TPTB = "The Powers That Be". Exactly what it says on the tin.

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
What I think most here refer to the NWO is...Quite frankly, an obvious mis interpretations from certain books and scholarly takes on the NWO... confusing a scholarly take on the NWO (as described in the above quoted text from wiki) with the new age "conspiratorial" version listed in the "conspriacism" wiki article..

That would be fine, if it wasn't for the fact that a lot of politicians have indeed been calling for a global government, and refering to it as a "New World Order", for many years now...

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Clickfoot

any sources on that?..quotes? anything?

if ur talking about bush and his famoud NWO speech..then i just dont see how that justifies this global cabal or global wolrd gov so many like to talk about...

ur gunna need something more substantial...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

i would say check the link..it will give you a good run down on a definition that is of this earth and not from the imaginations of conspiracy theorists

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I gathered what I could regarding the NWO and created the following thread.

It may be helpful. Enjoy.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the New World Order

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
TPTB...i guess it depends what the topic is about.Political elites or the central banks.The people who print a nations money are quite obviously going to be top dog.As for new world order.I think it is used as an umbrella term for forced/planned economic,political or cultural shifts.So practically anything under the sun can be classed as NWO.I don't believe in the *typical* NWO conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

neither do I...

can you tell??
haha..

Im hoping this belief there are some rich elite at the top of the pyramid that somhow holds us all under their thumb gets called for what it really is...a complete fabrication.

It makes people feel powerless and causes apathy..when in reality, people have never had more of a say and more of an opportunity to change the things that need to be changed...

Never in the history of the world has the common man had so much (power, opportunity) at his fingertips...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I kinda briefly went through it...are you saying all these people/ groups are working towards one defined goal... some "New World Order"?

I am aware of most of the conspiracies surrounding each of the groups (thats why I am here, right?), but I dont find any real links between all those groups in your OP making them some secret cabal orchestrating world events...

I like many of your threads, but there is a massive difference between the rich and powerful manipulating (as have been done throughout the ages) through politics and religion and some secret tight organization doing their best to eradicate the peasants and establish some unitarian world government...i see no evidence of the latter...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
what i find funny, is that both phrases were used in wcw wrestling as storylines before nwo conspiricys. they also had THE POWERS THAT BE also (dodgy management)

ive said it before here and could not get an answer, which came first, the nwo, or the nwo (and i mean that serious... mainly showing media's effect on people, with them recycling phrases that sound best)

[edit on 14-9-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

I agree.

I gathered that so people could have a deeper understanding of what they may or may not be.

As far as the rich and powerful manipulating things. I say it's true.
The recent wall street crises is a prime example of how the rich have practically destroyed this country through mismanagement and greed.

I say that was a heavy influence.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

OK..cool...I just know I read on here all the time how theres some secret "order" of people who are literally running the world with a hidden agenda to destroy all human dignities...

I dont see a case for that..

however, i would argue there are groups and individuals entirely bent on destroying soveriegnty and completeing their fascist agendas through different venues such as monetary policy, foreign policy (Americas in particular, since we have the might and means of completeing just about any military objective) and religious doctrine to a certain degree..

there is the conspiracy angles...but i wouldnt necessarily call that the "NWO"...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

the notion of the NWO has been around much longer than the wcw's nwo. my first introduction to the idea was in the early 90's when i heard it roll out of george herbert walker bush's pasty thin lips, live. we can thank him for popularizing the vernacular.

the question that remains is what exactly does it mean to these men of power that throw the term around like it were some kind of promised future.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a historical comparison I think we could make of todays power broker relationships is the feudal battles for land and power "rights" during the middle ages..

i think one could argue, we never exited that age, just transformed it with more precise (yet, still not so precise) borders and definitions...

see what im saying?

in other words, we are still living in the land of bishops and lords, but there are far more players in the grand chess game than compared to 1,000 years ago...and far more varying objectives...i actually think governments have less power than they did 1,000 yeasr ago...if that sounds coherent...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gravykraken

Well...

Maybe it goes back even further than that. Some Feel that when Eisenhower spoke about the "Military Industrial Complex" He was actually referring to the wealthy elite who own those companies and would manipulate that fact to influence the US to be their military arm of expansion.

Then coming up right behind him was Kennedy. Some feel that what he was also referring to when he spoke of "Secret Society" That it was much more than political groups trying to sway elected officials but part of a seriously intrenched threat which may have later taken his life.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Elitist who worship the sun and cause major events, catastrophes, etc on certain days that correlate with the sun.
JMO...they love the "light" ...and what provides the most light?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs

NWO Conspiracy Theory

Well I think George Bush Sr. has described it the best.

It is basically the United Nations taking over as a the "One-World-Government"

That my friends is what the NWO is, and that is why if the USA is to remain a sovereign nation... We must get out of the United Nations.

Kind of like how the States need to keep their own sovereignty from the Federal Reserve... (But it appears our Tenth Amendment no longer exists as well as the rest of the constitution.)

Once you see UN troops in the states... that is the day you should know the NWO is here.

There really isn't a conspiracy THEORY about it when George Bush Sr. and many others are throwing it right in your face... Even Ron Paul has said that they are no longer quiet about the idea behind the NWO.

They aren't trying to build a better United States Government... They are trying to build a better United Nations Government, and as far as I'm concerned they have already accomplished this economically... When they accomplish this with the military, WWIII will have already happened. (all troops in the future will be UN troops)...

So basically the rebels vs the storm troopers (Galactic Empire in Star Wars) is not far off from reality in about

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

More recent speeches by Kissenger, Gordon Brown, hell, even Obama, seem to suggest the same thing, throwing words like "globalization" and "international" around. People can see it as a 'conspiracy theory' - maybe it is - but as they say, no smoke without fire.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
"It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world
if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years.
But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a
world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite
and world bankers is surely preferable to the national
auto-determination practiced in past centuries."

That is David Rockefeller speaking to the Counsel on Foreign Relations. Read the last sentance again. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is "The Powers That Be". The plan and the system they intend to force on us all is corporate fuedalism. This is their vision of a "New World Order". It's not a trend or a coincedence. Its not just how it has happened to work out. It's a plan with goals and milestones developed by power-hungry scociopaths. It's not about money or wealth. It's about power. Wealth is just a means to that end.

By dismissing the reality of this, you do exactly as they have programmed you to do. Isn't it said that the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to convince everyone that he doesn't exist?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

maybe hell... i'll flat out agree. you will get no argument on that from me. they tried to warn us.

it does go back even further. i was relating to a personal experience, one occurring within recent memory of the general public.

to address the OP: it is printed on the money. new secular order. that phrase has been used here since the drafting of the great seal. (pyramid w/ all seeing eye.)

top topics

join