It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Darwin film 'too controversial for religious America'

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

So you haven't read Darwin's book, yet you believe his theory and claim it as you're Science.

Not a good way research.
You may want to question these so called Scientists instead of blindly believing any crap they decide to spew.

I can make a big wall of text full of invalid crap coming from Darwin I rather not do the work for people.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

So you haven't read Darwin's book, yet you believe his theory and claim it as you're Science.

I don't believe Darwin's theory, because Darwin's is nothing compared to modern evolutionary theory.

Not a good way research.

If I was an historian, interested in his life, his book would be a place to start for sure. But I'm not an historian so it's not something I would read if I wanted to learn about the mechanisms of evolution.

You may want to question these so called Scientists instead of blindly believing any crap they decide to spew.

I did use to be a creationist some years ago. Nothing blind about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Then quit trolling because you said,
"what difference would it make if he were racist? It doesn't change the science nor evolution. "

leading people to believe that you take Darwinism as science.

After all the topic is about Darwin.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

The argument that Darwin was racist is a bit odd in the times when everyone was racist.
And, I said in my second response to you that I didn't take Darwinism as science because it was outdated.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by buds84

The argument that Darwin was racist is a bit odd in the times when everyone was racist.
And, I said in my second response to you that I didn't take Darwinism as science because it was outdated.

"Everyone" wasn't racist, just white people that decided to write history in their favor instead of telling it like it is.

Funny how everything pre-histrionic is just pre euro/white discovered.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by buds84]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
An absolute joke that the film can't be released in America because of 'religious reasons'.

If someone has faith, fair enough, but to use it as a reason to not allow a film, especially one that looks as good as this, is a joke.

Maybe as an atheist i'm more annoyed, but hey ho.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
Charles Darwin is a raciest pile of trash from the 1800's and he should burn in hell.

Here's a quote from Darwin in his own words.

"At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will certainly exterminate, and replace, the savage races throughout the world...The break between man and his nearest allies will be then wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilized state...and some Ape as low as a Baboon, instead of as now between the Negro or Australian and the Gorilla."

Charles Darwin, 1890

His views are backward when it comes to that yes, but looking at it, no more than the Greeks believing a god pulled a sheet over the sky at night, or Christians believing there is a almighty God.

IMO religion is a thing of the past, it's gradually dying out (in the Uk anyway) and people in 500 years will look back at the year 2000 and wonder how people believed in the Bible, Jesus, and God, or Allah, or even Scientology, as much as we look back at those Greeks thinking 'how did they believe in the god pulling a sheet over the sky at night?'.

Why did they believe in that? Religion was an answer to questions unanswerable back then, and a way of controlling the masses. BE GOOD and you'll be rewarded in the afterlife. BE BAD and you'll be burned eternally. Sorry, not for me.

I'm suprised religion has made it into the 21st Century. Fair enough to those that have faith, i don't mock you at all, i respect that. But personally, above is how i see it.

So yes, Darwins views on 'Negros' was rather backward, but no more than any other view of that age, or peoples views of this age.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
From the reviews I've read, I'm not so sure it is "too controversial" for Americans, Id be more worried about it being duller than ditchwater!

As for religion being something incompatible with modern living, quite the opposite, the more rational we are and with more reason, then one can see the need for religion- it is an indelible part of the human DNA which will always be with us, the need and desire to see beyond the physical 3 dimensional realm, which can so often be rather unpleasant and nasty.

Provided one does not develop fundamentalist tendencies then religion is a positive thing

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87

His views are backward when it comes to that yes, but looking at it, no more than the Greeks believing a god pulled a sheet over the sky at night, or Christians believing there is a almighty God.

Ok, people will try to excuse white people for being racist and cover it up like this, Greeks are not exactly a good comparison seeing as they weren't even close to as advanced the Egyptians, and in Ancient Egypt were marking hubs where people of different races would come and do business and educate themselves, there was no racism here like what the white man has done.

Not everyone was racist in the past so that no excuse.

IMO religion is a thing of the past, it's gradually dying out (in the Uk anyway) and people in 500 years will look back at the year 2000 and wonder how people believed in the Bible, Jesus, and God, or Allah, or even Scientology, as much as we look back at those Greeks thinking 'how did they believe in the god pulling a sheet over the sky at night?'.

Ok, I'm not a Religious person but I should tell you many of the events in the Old Testament DID happen and many of the people in the Bible DID exist.
The Bible is a lot more accurate with real events than you're giving it credit for, it matches up with records from Egypt and other places.
It's not all just made up stories, you have have to look up the kind of people taking credit for the Bible and see how they basically stole it and claim it as their own (Roman dirt bags) look up the races involved in it also you will be suprised, you're on your own with that.

So yes, Darwins views on 'Negros' was rather backward, but no more than any other view of that age, or peoples views of this age.

Once again, you can't say everyone was racist, just the racist white people were racist.
Yes thinking Negros are a type of Ape makes you a horrible Scientist.
Don't give excuses for these dirt bags, the white man always thinks he's always been the most advanced all the time but advanced civilizations of the past would put him to shame.
After all Negros built the Pyramids and made it to America 3000 years before Columbus.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by buds84]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Darwin probably was racist but that was the general Zeitgeist in white europe, its not nice but it cant be changed its just the way it was. In no way should should his beliefs be used to rubbish his theories based on research and scientific findings. Sir Isaac newton probably the smartest man who ever lived ( my opinion and not fact )believed in some utter nonsense it doesn't detract from the fact he was a brilliant scientist who laid the foundation for many great scientific breakthroughs. Its the same in any walk of life be it musicians/actors or artists some are genius in their fields but are complete arrogant arseholes doesnt mean you cant appreciate their art even if you dont appreciate them as people.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Ok, people will try to excuse white people for being racist and cover it up like this, Greeks are not exactly a good comparison seeing as they weren't even close to as advanced the Egyptians, and in Ancient Egypt were marking hubs where people of different races would come and do business and educate themselves, there was no racism here like what the white man has done.

Not everyone was racist in the past so that no excuse.

Ok, I'm not a Religious person but I should tell you many of the events in the Old Testament DID happen and many of the people in the Bible DID exist.
The Bible is a lot more accurate with real events than you're giving it credit for, it matches up with records from Egypt and other places.
It's not all just made up stories, you have have to look up the kind of people taking credit for the Bible and see how they basically stole it and claim it as their own (Roman dirt bags) look up the races involved in it also you will be suprised, you're on your own with that.

Once again, you can't say everyone was racist, just the racist white people were racist.
Yes thinking Negros are a type of Ape makes you a horrible Scientist.
Don't give excuses for these dirt bags, the white man always thinks he's always been the most advanced all the time but advanced civilizations of the past would put him to shame.
After all Negros built the Pyramids and made it to America 3000 years before Columbus.

I'm gathering you have a problem with the 'white man'. You are pretty close to being racist in your post there good sir.

'Thinking he's always been the most advanced' - You say that and making a sweeping generalisation of the 'white man'. Humans are humans are far as i am concerned, some differ with skin colour, but that matters not to me, i think 'race' and 'differences' have become far too a big thing nowadays. Your post to me is inferring that 'negros' are superior, it doesn't matter what race is superior or not, we SHOULD be just getting along together, forget the colour of skin. Of course, that'll never happen, but there we go.

You mention building the pyramids, and reaching America before Columbus. That may have been advanced in the day, but if you boil down to it, in the modern world, the asians are the most advanced, some of the things they have going on in Japan are amazing. It'd be alot easier if every race mixed together rather than hating on eachother.

Also in mention of the 'racist white man'. Now, are you just ignoring the fact that slave trading of 'negros' in the Arabic world was bigger than that of the Americas? Actually the worst of them all? There was even slave trade in the Africas itself, between the various areas, millions upon millions of 'negros' were wrongfully slave traded between many countries, from asian, arabic, african, british, european and the americas.

It's not just 'the big bad racist white man', of course they were part of it, but not the ONLY part of it as you potray. The whole world was racist at one point, towards eachother.

There are areas of Africa that white people can't even go without being shot. There are areas of New York and London, that again, white people cannot step into without trouble being caused, now, forgive me for thinking that's racist, but it is. Who know who's to blame for the cause of said racism in these areas, potentially hate of the 'white man' for the past, the slavery? I don't know, there must be a reason.

In my eyes, that was the past, many things happened in the past that have nothing to do with me, if people hate on me for being white, or because my ancestors were racist and part of a slave trade then i feel sorry for them. I will not take something that people did hundreds, and thousands of years ago and use it to fuel a modern day hatrid of a certain race of people, theres no need and the world will just go backwards if it keeps up.

Of course some things and people in the bible were real, i didn't contend that. But, the new testament, and the stories of what Jesus did, IMO are just stories. Religion, like i said, in my eyes was just a way of explaining the unexplainable. Christianity, or Judaism before it wasn't the first either, very similar religions have been passed down over generations and generations, gradually stories changing. So many of them included a 'messiah', like Jesus being the latest incarnation.

Anyway, as i've said, i personally am not racist, and do not like to be included in 'the white man is racist' remark. Thankyou.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve
Darwin probably was racist but that was the general Zeitgeist in white europe, its not nice but it cant be changed its just the way it was. In no way should should his beliefs be used to rubbish his theories based on research and scientific findings. Sir Isaac newton probably the smartest man who ever lived ( my opinion and not fact )believed in some utter nonsense it doesn't detract from the fact he was a brilliant scientist who laid the foundation for many great scientific breakthroughs. Its the same in any walk of life be it musicians/actors or artists some are genius in their fields but are complete arrogant arseholes doesnt mean you cant appreciate their art even if you dont appreciate them as people.

I totally agree. It's like musicians as you said, some of them are total idiots, total assholes on the outside of what they do. But what they do is so good, that you should only focus on that, as that's the reason you liked them in the first place.

The world is too fixated on 'OMG **** JUST CAME OUT OF THAT BUILDING WITH ****, THEY MUST BE CHEATING ON ***' or similar. This celebrity magazine, perez hilton bollocks, that has taken over the world needs to stop. It will, someday. The celebrity scene will implode sooner rather than later, the amount of money, deceit, lies, and everything that goes on can't last forever.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Since when did we prove Humans evolved from Apes?

We still haven't found the "Missing link".
You're a little too sure on that thing.

Didn't we? What was 'ida' then?

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lister87

I saw that, and scientists said at THAT very conference it is not exactly prof of the missing link.
Also you should know that one skeleton alone could never be enough to be the missing link, it could just be some animal, don't have to be a scientist to figure that out.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I saw that, and scientists said at THAT very conference it is not exactly prof of the missing link.
Also you should know that one skeleton alone could never be enough to be the missing link, it could just be some animal, don't have to be a scientist to figure that out.

Sorry, i didn't mean to insist it was THE missing link. Rather part of some missing 'links'.

Are you replying to my other reply?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Yeah I know all about black untouchables of India and all that, my point is why would you give credit to a raciest like Darwin, seeing as most of you haven't even read his book but blindly follow his crap.

The man thinking Negros are a type of ape should automatically dismiss him as a real scientist and dis credit any crap he has come up with.

Think about it, "Hi I'm a Scientist and we evolved from 250 proteins in a pile of mud that some how came together from rocks, and by the way Negros are a type of Ape that will soon be wiped out by the better White man because Negros are incapable of being civilized"

And you give this guy credit? He invented Eugenics...

I'll say it again Dawrin and his family should be shot and pissed on because he was a huge power in the racist movement, and saying "well everyone was racist" isnt an excuse.

Point out one piece of credible information he has brought forth about evolution that wasn't blatantly obvious to many people before him.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Also in mention of the 'racist white man'. Now, are you just ignoring the fact that slave trading of 'negros' in the Arabic world was bigger than that of the Americas? Actually the worst of them all? There was even slave trade in the Africas itself, between the various areas, millions upon millions of 'negros' were wrongfully slave traded between many countries, from asian, arabic, african, british, european and the americas.

It's not just 'the big bad racist white man', of course they were part of it, but not the ONLY part of it as you potray. The whole world was racist at one point, towards eachother.

Very well said.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Yeah I know all about black untouchables of India and all that, my point is why would you give credit to a raciest like Darwin, seeing as most of you haven't even read his book but blindly follow his crap.

The man thinking Negros are a type of ape should automatically dismiss him as a real scientist and dis credit any crap he has come up with.

Think about it, "Hi I'm a Scientist and we evolved from 250 proteins in a pile of mud that some how came together from rocks, and by the way Negros are a type of Ape that will soon be wiped out by the better White man because Negros are incapable of being civilized"

And you give this guy credit? He invented Eugenics...

I'll say it again Dawrin and his family should be shot and pissed on because he was a huge power in the racist movement, and saying "well everyone was racist" isnt an excuse.

Point out one piece of credible information he has brought forth about evolution that wasn't blatantly obvious to many people before him.

He didn't invent Eugenics, one of the early pioneers of it was Plato actually. It had been going on for centuries before Darwin even came near it.

If anything, it's slightly plausible, Eugenics, if you think about it, for the human race to go ahead in the best way, you would technically want the best 'examples' of it breeding to make apparent 'superior' humans. IF that's what you wanted. It's mainly our emotions and feelings that get in the way, and in the modern day, human rights.

I'm not saying i do by the way want 'Eugenics' i'm just saying, in a technical, cold hearted world, where 'love' is a chemical reaction, where we are merely cells, organs and tissue floating on a planet in space, Eugenics would be the way forward for the human race.

Blatantly obvious to many people before him? If it was all well known and blatantly obvious before Darwin it wouldn't have caused such international debate.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Very well said.

Thankyou.

I've heard it a thousand times, everything is blamed on 'the big bad white man' when slavery and racism was going on all over the world, with the Arabic slave trade being the absolute worst of them all.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Are you replying to my other reply?

I can get in to a huge debate with you about white racists taking credit for things they really didn't discover, but people have already written entire books on that, these are conspiracy forums after all I would think you should have known a little about that.
And on these forums, I seem like the only person sticking up for the underdogs when it comes to these touchy subjects.

Please don't compare Japan to our smart Egyptian ancestors, didn't you know Japan tried to rebuild the Pyramids at 3/5th the size using modern tools and they failed so bad they ruined miles and miles of land screwing up.

If you knew about ancients you would know there is nothing new under the sun and I don't believe someone like Dawrin deserves any credit, as a matter of fact some great inventors DO give credit from their inventions to ancients, Alexander Graham Bell is one example, when he "re" invented the Phone he said "We are now re-discovering and re-inventing old technologies"
The main man of the Atom bomb said something very similar because they have insider knowledge and know they are just rediscovering things, but there is a cover up so most people would never know.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join