It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World will cool for next decade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
According to a top climate scientist the world will cool for the next decade.

Link

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I really hope it does , in the southern hemisphere at least .
The heat down here in Australia during summer is almost unbearable , especially if you have to work outdoors .

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

Not that this particular scientist isn't the 'one' who is right, but, he is not gong with the general consenus, he has gone out on a limb of his own to make these statements. I think seeing what the world is gong through right now, flooding, fires, drought, melting glaciers, ect it is pretty clear that climate change is rapidly taking effect. However one of the effects of climate change is expected to be that we will see freezing in areas that are currently tropical.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

do you believe droughts and floods didn't happen 50 years ago? it's all in the reporting, of course and the sad fact that people settle in riverbeds and cry wolf, err, flood when the water level is high.

i vividly remember documentaries (PR for AGW) during the 90s when they predicted droughts in my particular latitudes, so bad in fact that major rivers would go dry during August. but no, it's flood alert every other year and it's again GW ('climate change' d'uh).

which is it? is it the wrong timeframe or maybe was it a diametrically wrong prediction. make up your minds, because as it stands i have no doubt whatsoever that if the next summer never happened and ice never went away in a quarter of the landscape it would still be AGW and how we need to cut back on heating

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance
[more

Long Lance, I was here 50 years ago, thank you. Yes floods and droughts are also historical events. A dumbass would know that.
The severity and frequency, along with location location location have changed.

Why do you think the climate does not have the ability to change again, the same as it has in the past? Just because us humans are here? LOL!

What, do you think a 50 yr old can't look as good as her avatar? You would be suprised. And I am much kewler than her too.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by space cadet]

[edit on 12-9-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

just a random number, could have made that 100 years, obviously. the issue with 'frequency and severity' is that it lies in the eye of the beholder and while people are always quick to shout 'worst flood, heatwave, drought or what have you in 1000 years', the data doesn't always agree, it's as simple as that.

NASA Admits that 1934, Not 1998, was the Warmest Year on Record

do you know how much effort it took to get that out of them? these are people who place probes near steam vents, plant sea level sensors in harbors with known seismic profile (sigh) and never ever admit being wrong, they just amend their projections / predictions and move on to the next alarmist speech. there are plenty of threads on the subject, just search a bit.

www.heartland.org...

note that i don't think the above would be a good idea, it just proves that CO2 is a strawman, the real goal is something else. which is imho, clear, just look up Malthus.

top topics

join