It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Religion a Consideration of World Leaders?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm know that religion and spirituality is revered by the common people around the world, but do you really think it is a consideration for world leaders when they wage war?

Does American leadership consider God when they do what they do? Israeli leadership? Saudi Arabian leadership?

I think the extremists around the world, eg. Palestine, Taliban, al Queda, etc. consider what they do to be in the name of Allah, and they justify it so. But what of the rest?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
yes, that Leaders do consider their own religions before they do anything. But if they are leaders without a specific religion then they probably only consider themselves. But how many are there these days who only consider themselves? I don't think too many of them. So the answer in my opinion, is yes!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You don't think that money and power for one and one's friends may be a consideration that takes precedence over reverence and piety before God?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Of course! Do you know how many wars were fought over religion? World leaders ALWAYS consider religion (unless they arent religious...) when they go to war.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
One should know the difference between nominal religion, participation in various things organized religions do, and the actual practice of religious beliefs, eg. actually "loving your enemies." How much more then you would "do good to those who persecute you," and for how long would anyone in the face of that persistent unconditional love continue to be adverse?

I would say that indicators of the difference from nominal to actual religious practice are quite abundant historically. The consideration in government and leadership is just how much one actually does something really "religious," which is the expression of infinite understanding, knowledge, compassion, and unlimited self improvement for all.

One may view too much war and the exacerbation of it a deepening split between nominal acknowledgment of organized religion, and the very teachings of them. On another side of the coin one may view actual Satanic outbreaks such as Hitler's "Thule Society," as possible evidence of the sole time when the organized "religion," actually "practiced," and exagerated its so called "teachings."

So the message "go and do also," regards kindness and virtues, and a multiplication of those things. You should be able to smell a phony a mile away, but unfortunately the counter religion of a confused monetary system is always a problem until its possibly gradual reform is indicated.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
You don't think that money and power for one and one's friends may be a consideration that takes precedence over reverence and piety before God?

I'm more likely to go with money, power and land than religion. If religion is a consideration at all, it most likely used as an excuse or justification.

I've been thinking of wars during the 20th century and believe that most were land disputes or Germany's delusions of grandeure.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think most world leaders consider religion and spirituality when considering important matters.
Some of our Presidents are quite vocal about their beliefs: Jimmy Carter and Dubya.

George W. Bush discussed his faith and policies

Others of our Presidents were much more private about the religion, like Clinton, so one cn only speculate.
This would also be true for your Communistic leaders, as it is unclear if they are religious at all.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Of course! Do you know how many wars were fought over religion? World leaders ALWAYS consider religion (unless they arent religious...) when they go to war.
Right. Unless they aren't religious. I understand that wars have been waged in the name of God before, kid. I'm talking about now. Right now.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I think most world leaders consider religion and spirituality when considering important matters.
Some of our Presidents are quite vocal about their beliefs: Jimmy Carter and Dubya.
Carter, yes. I can believe that. Bush? Can you say lip service intended to gain the votes of the religious right?

I would guess that in the eyes of God, it would be wrong to deceive millions in order to wage a war. I sense an extreme lack of humility coming from Bush when he blames others for intelligence failures concerning the primary piece of intelligence that he used to convince the world that this war had to be executed.

The only humility I've seen from Bush is recently concerning the POW abuses, and I think the only reason for that show of humility was to try to mend the opinions of the public. Pictures of POW abuses are not in the plan, and work in contravention to his aims and goals. So again, lip service.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I believe the focus should be on politics instead of religion in world relations...... because not every man on this Earth has a religion.. as with me.

join