It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What bugs me about bugs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
As a human, I feel my species can be very loving creatures...

well, how can I not be having feelings of near hatred when a bug is irritating the crap out of me?

Am I too accept that this being just walks all over my food or bites me leaving me itchy...
I can try to love it all I want, but it's still going to be disrespectful.
They aren't respectful at all.

Like you can try to love a being that's intentions don't mean well, but they're still going to do things to you that aren't acceptable.

It seems insects deliberately try to irritate us to make more negativity.
I shouldn't generalize, but there's a lot that do.

Is there a reptilian connection? Is there some kind of evil there?

Or is it a matter of them not being smart or having the capacity to think?

There's many beings that may not be as smart or whatever as others, but they can show love and not be so irritating.

You know what some bugs can be like; they can be in your face, and it's difficult for me to figure out how to communicate to them how what there are doing isn't very well liked by humans.

What they do may not kill us, but it sure is annoying.

Are we to just accept it?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Why even get so uptight about this? If a bug is annoying you, just kill it.

They're on the level of biological machines.

(And why is this even in Skunk Works, anyway?)

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Praetorian Guard]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor

They aren't respectful at all.

Is there a reptilian connection? Is there some kind of evil there?

Are we to just accept it?

really man? Not to criticize anything but what are you suggesting? Creating internment camps for insects to make them RESPECT OUR AUTHORATAY?

that aside maybe you are over-thinking this just a little

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Insects are insects. They are not reptiles, thats a totally different class.

Like the above poster they are basically machines. There are good ones and bad ones that irritate and annoy us.

WHy do we hate the house fly? Is it really that bad? Maybe because it tries to get whatever food it can by landing on our food and sucking up the juices. I know I know, they tend to spread bacteria around.

Spiders are good insects, they clean out the area from other insects which we may not want.

Heh I'm actually taking a class on insects this semester, pretty cool stuff.

More on this later. I'm going to bed.

(Pic of todays insect lecture (she was slicing open a crickets abdomen))

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10767a1b2297.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
No, I don't think I am being uptight about this...maybe over-thinking a little bit...

It's in skunk works because I think this becomes an issue of 'are we to kill bugs?'

I mean don't they have a soul in them too?

And what about killing animals for the sake of eating "just because it tastes good"...is it okay to kill them too?

And then one could go even further to question you " would you'd kill a human being for say the sake of eating them or because they were annoying you?"

I am just asking questions is all. Just wanting to know what people think on all of this.

The other day I was listening to a fascinating interview on the Veritas Show with Lou Baldin. And I kind of confused... when he was saying that cows were basically here for humans to eat.
So are pigs and chickens too?

I mean, with all this where do we draw the line???

I am not sure what to think anymore...and for those of us who don't want to kill things...then what are our options when something is being a pest?

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor

I am not sure what to think anymore...and for those of us who don't want to kill things...then what are our options when something is being a pest?

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Before2017Victor]

either ignore it or move away from it, (unless you want to spend the time relocating the pest outside).

Not much thought involved

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
^

Okay, maybe never mind all this...I suppose I just think too much about all of this.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra
Spiders are good insects, they clean out the area from other insects which we may not want.

Hehe, just as well as Spider's aren't insects

But, on topic, I am often heard cursing the lives of many small, irritating creatures. Often, small otherwise insignificant flies will buzz a few inches from my face when I am on my computer. I ask, to anyone listening, what is their point? Many times, they are crushed mercilessly.

My cat will take care of the bigger flies and moths

Don't even get me started on Wasps......

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I like insects , beetles butterflys bees etc , so much beautiful variety in the insect kingdom .
But yeah mosquitoes and flys piss me off too .
I would suggest not letting them get to you , if you ignore them eventually you'll hardly even notice they're there

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Takka

Thanks. I appreciate the comments that answer my question, and don't make a fool out of me.

I'll try to ignore the mosquitoes and flies...ugh...they are really annoying though.

I don't mean to complain. I just wanted to know what others do when those insects are...just being themselves.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What I don't get is how the darn things always end up flying into my nose. Do they like commiting suicide by nostril or what?
There could be one single nat flying around a large room and somehow it finds its way into my mouth or nose.
It's one thing to kill a bug just because you see it crawling around, but why even care when the bug themselves are so stupid they kill themselves from going up my nose or splatting on the windshield?
Who cares if they have a soul? That's what I ask.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by LOLZebra

Hehe, just as well as Spider's aren't insects

Ooops you're right, they're bother under the arthropod phylum and are next to each other in class.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
At the risk of appearing more weird than usual...

I used to have a bug phobia, but the little gits have always loved me. No idea why, they are just attracted to me.

Anyway, I got over the phobia and started to see them for the interesting little creatures that they really are. And, I do believe they are all souls experiencing life from the perspective of a bug.

I can put them into two categories: intelligent and little ditzes - this isn't exact, but bear with me.

Wasps, spiders, bees - have a level of intelligence not enjoyed by flies, moths or butterflies.

If a wasp is bothering you, simply greet it and tell it to go away. If it doesn't go immediately, say 'Shoo' and it'll go. I was with a friend a couple of days ago and told him to do that and it worked - I was a bit surprised because I had thought it might only be me who could get a result doing it.

If you ever see a fly or a wasp on a window pane trying to get out, it's easy to see who's got the brains. You can persuade a wasp onto a piece of paper and put it out the open part of the window in a way you can never do with a fly.

I think predators are much more intelligent than scavengers. But, it always helps if you talk to them. Tell them you are helping them and ask them to trust you. This works very well with spiders you might find in the bath.

It's not a language thing
it's a 'tuning in' thing. Part of the reason some of them are so scary is that they tune into you and know when you're afraid. That's one reason I could never understand why they liked me so much when I had the phobia.

Last summer I spent time trying to befriend butterflies. A lot of them got trapped in our porch and I'd even get someone to lift me up so I could reach them and rescue them.

Then, one day I found a beautiful butterfly whose wings hadn't opened properly, so I looked after her. I had her for about 10 - 14 days, taking her into the garden to feed and sit in the sunshine each day and bringing in flowers for her when it was raining. The day she died I was standing in the garden and a butterfly, exactly like her, came over from where it was sunning itself and flew right past me, then so did another.

I think it may be that they have a group soul, but if you befriend one wasp or butterfly or whatever else, the rest of them seem to recognise you as a friend.

I don't know what to say about gnats though. They are a pest. My dogs seems to have the right idea. It's hilarious to watch him snapping at them when they buzz round his head.

Oh, a really unsavoury story. I was being bothered by flies earlier this year. We'd been walking the dog and stopped for a rest, and these creatures just wouldn't go away. Helpfully, the dog decided to relieve himself. "Oh good' I though 'that'll give the flies something more appetising than me'. Not a bit of it, they preferred me! I suppose I should be flattered

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Thank you for the pleasant advice. I'll try to keep that in mind.

They must be 'tuning in' to the fact that I am annoyed or something.

Also, the law of attraction must play a part in all this too.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorian Guard
Why even get so uptight about this? If a bug is annoying you, just kill it.

They're on the level of biological machines.

(And why is this even in Skunk Works, anyway?)

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Praetorian Guard]

i would say the majority of the public are biological machines as well, just carrying out task after task mindlessly following every order inputted into there queue, even though majority of us say we have free will, the more dumbed down public not fully awake yet seems to be no different then a ant contributing to the building of there ant hill.

new topics

top topics

join