It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, you couldn't make this up, UK Political Correctness gone mad.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm just astounded by this story:

Transsexual killer and attempted rapist wins 'human rights' battle to be moved to women's prison

A transsexual prisoner has won a move to a women's prison after a High Court judge ruled his human rights had been breached in a landmark £50,000 legal aid case.

The 27-year-old prisoner, who is serving life for manslaughter and an attempted rape committed while he was legally defined as a man, was described by his lawyer as 'a woman trapped inside a man's body'.

Today, Deputy Judge David Elvin QC, quashed Justice Secretary Jack Straw's decision to continue detaining the prisoner, known only as 'A', in a male prison.

He was told that steps were already being put in place to transfer A to a female prison 'as soon as possible'.

The move will pave the way for 'A' to have the operation to fully change from a woman to a man. He has to live openly as a woman for two years before having the procedure.

A's health authority will have to foot the £8,000 bill for his sex change operation.

What the hell!

I have some big problems with this:

1) This person is a CONVICTED KILLER AND ATTEMPTED RAPIST, why the hell is the justice system wasting taxpayers money on this man.

2) If he was a women trapped in a male's body, how on earth could he have tried to rape someone, behaviour not usually associated with females.

3) When we have good honest people not able to have surgery or drugs because of costs, how can this person be given a sex change on the NHS at a cost of £8,000, what a joke.

4) Using the European Convention on Human Rights and the laws it entails to get this person a sex change and a transfer to a woman's prison is just wrong. Human rights are things like life and liberty, freedom of expression, the right to food, the right to work, and the right to education. Not the right to be a sex swap murdering rapist at MY COST!

I'm sure there are a lot of you that don't agree with me. feel free to say so!

Kiwifoot

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Yup. Just doesn't sound right to me. I feel like I might be an elephant trapped in a man's body. I should move to the U.K and as long as I live as an elephant for two years, after I ended up in prison, they could pay to have my trunk attached.

That would be awesome. Thanks U.K.!!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It’s all wrong. People are imprisoned for not paying their community charge, and not paying their TV licence. In those instances they should live in the lap of luxury until the law is changed to something sensible.

In a case of murder or rape, those transgressors should be shunned by society, which means basic human rights, such as shelter, food, clothing and the ability to exercise ONLY. There was a case of a prisoner constantly phoning a woman he had raped from prison, and it was said that the authorities could do nothing about it. And another time the authorities were sued because an inmates porridge was cold. What a load of nonsense.

Those that have committed serious crimes should not have televisions, satellite channels, phones, games rooms, a blind eye turned to drugs, and all the other luxuries. And they should NOT get legal aid for anything else but appeals against conviction, as most law abiding citizens cannot even get that to sue anyone. They should not have any rights other than basic provisions. And if he wants a damn sex change then he can wait until he has served his time and pay for it himself.

I don’t fancy his chances in a women’s prison once they know he has raped and murdered. And no way would a woman have felt that controlling pathetic need to dominate in such a vile way by raping someone. And I wonder what his victims human rights are….virtually nil.
He certainly needed his bits cut off but not for this reason.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It could possibly be about safety too.

How well do you think a transexual is going to fare in a mens' prison?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
lol another knee jerk reaction.....the person in question when he gets to the womens prison will be segregated from the rest. I highly doubt he will be able to shower or share a cell with any of the women. He may share the same kitchen the same exercise yards buts thats about it. Also when he has his penis and testicles removed how the hell is s(h)e going to able to rape again.....

edited coz i used the past tense instead of future tense...

[edit on 4-9-2009 by loner007]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Who cares how this person will fare. Did they care about the person who died.

This person is a convicted criminal. Why should they have any rights?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Also he had his penis and testicles removed how the hell is s(h)e going to able to rape again.....

Did you actually read the article?

In a 30-page ruling, Judge Elvin described A as 'a 27-year-old pre-operative transgender woman'

The move will pave the way for 'A' to have the operation to fully change from a woman to a man. He has to live openly as a woman for two years before having the procedure.

A's health authority will have to foot the £8,000 bill for his sex change operation.

To complete her change to full womanhood, she required gender reassignment surgery, but had been told he could not have it while he remained in a men's prison.

So I somehow think his bits are still in place

www.dailymail.co.uk...

He won't stand a chance as a rapist in a women's prison.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
It could possibly be about safety too.

How well do you think a transexual is going to fare in a mens' prison?

Who cares? If they had thought about that prior to their crimes it would not be an issue. Prison is not meant to be puppies and playstation 3s.

I guess we may as well just start building prisons for homosexuals, prisons for bi sexuals, prisons for people who like chickens, prisons for people who don't like to take the bus.

If it is a dude, it goes to a dude's prison. If he/she/it wants his thing turned into a vag, he can wait till he's served his time, in a prison befitting his gender.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yeah, sounds like he's afraid someone might attempt to rape or kill him.

So... he could just as easily become a woman - as it won't matter, he shouldn't see life outside his pen -

But, then he, a killer and attempted rapist, can be incarcerated with women, who likely wouldn't be strong enough to hurt him, but who he could.

I wonder, will this person be officially a woman before being transferred to the women's pen? I'd hate to think they would simply transfer someone who still has the equipment he tried to hurt a female with in the past.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The act of rape and murder are crimes this man committed against women, he clearly have violent issues with women and yet he won the right to be in a women's prison? Apparently he's not the only misogynist on file, the ruling judge must be as well.

I think this is a legal maneuver to get him out of harms way in a men's prison. I'm sure there are those males who are waiting for the opportunity to give him the same treatment he gave to his women victims.

The supposed purpose of prison is to reform and punish. If you can get free elective medical services, and gender reassignment operations are classified as elective procedures, services people on the outside are not privy unless they foot their own bill how is that punishment?

Also wouldn't his punishment to live as a woman in a "man's" body in a male prison, which may mean for the rest of his life, be proper punishment? Here's another case of abuse from the judicial system, folks with ridiculous claims of human rights abuse being heard and those with legitimate evidence of abuse not.

If some woman in prison wanted breast implants does she qualify to get them at taxpayers expense? After all the argument could be her self image is affected by her having small breast. What about facelifts, tummy tucks, butt lifts, lip injections, hair plugs, good heavens the list could go on and on. They are all elective procedures and most would think a prisoner requesting such for citizens to foot the bills would be out of their minds.

Here's another situation that qualifies for a "what tha....?" award.

Political correctness gone mad is putting it mildly!

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Chai_An]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An

Most definitely, I don't know how someone who has been convicted of rape can be put in a woman's prison, I'm sorry.

Let him serve his sentence as a transexual man, then after his release let him do what he wants. At let it be done at his own expense, thank you very much!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Originally posted by Chai_An

Most definitely, I don't know how someone who has been convicted of rape can be put in a woman's prison, I'm sorry.

Let him serve his sentence as a transexual man, then after his release let him do what he wants. At let it be done at his own expense, thank you very much!

I agree mate - they get food, MEDICAL CARE
(US CITIZENS DO NOT???), shelter
and protective custody.

The judge is a Legend!

From the Legend of "the stupidest man in the world!"

[edit on 5-9-2009 by mental modulator]

top topics

join