It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist flees Russia after Arctic Sea piracy story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Journalist flees Russia after Arctic Sea piracy story

www.guardian.co.uk

Voitenko, however, has repeatedly cast doubt on the official version of events. The main source of information on the hijacking in the early days of the crisis, he has hinted that the ship may have been carrying a secret shipment of weapons, or, he suggested, "something much more expensive and dangerous".Sounding distinctly frightened, Voitenko today said he did not know the identity of his mystery caller. But he hinted that the man who spoke with a "chilling voice" may have represented the FSB.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.novinite.com
www.robertamsterdam.com
Cargo Ship With Russian Crew missing in Atlantic days after search by unknown masked men
Missing ship may have secret cargo
Arctic Sea mystery deepens after arrests

[edit on 12/08/09 by Durabys]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I thought this wasn´t posted yet, than there it is. I was thinking that something like this will eventualy come. Russian reporters have really a hard life after Putin entered politics. But I want to discuss what was really the cause of terrorizing him, was he up to find something ...
I personally think it has something to do with that thing what made the rings in ice in the Bajkal lake, where also Putin went down in a submarine, after what he said that he saw something "wonderfull", I don´t know, it´s my idea only.

Durabys, signing off.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I guess his 15 minutes weren't enough. Those articles which were full of words such as 'may' 'could've' 'might' etc. Now he has to run for his life to get more attention.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I guess his 15 minutes weren't enough. Those articles which were full of words such as 'may' 'could've' 'might' etc. Now he has to run for his life to get more attention.

Also a good point.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Wow, this guy sure is credible with his hints and suggestions of mysterious missiles. No wonder he got a phone call, maybe he should keep his mouth shut if he has nothing fair to say. And really, the mysterious phone caller had a deep voice so he must be FSB, right?

I guess this news story might be good enough for the Western media who prefer descriptive stories as opposed to objective facts.

new topics

top topics

join