It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commentary: Open your minds, America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Open your minds, America

Let's request a second opinion and listen to each other. Switch channels. Visit different Web sites. Read a newspaper, while we can still find one. How about stepping into a town hall with an open mind, prepared to converse with people hailing from diverse circumstances? A range of perspectives enriches our viewpoint, empowering us to craft nuanced responses to complex situations. Ultimately, we must stop thinking that the only thing to think is what we've thought all along. As we learn more about multifaceted matters, our positions should evolve accordingly. Let's accept that it's OK to change your minds. In the end, opening our minds can only enhance the prognosis for our most cherished patient: America.

CNN

I agree with some of the things Rudy Ruiz writes about, but I'm just so sick and tired of the "news" media telling people what they should and shouldn't do. Their job is to report the news, not to entertain me nor tell me how I should change my behavior.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by ddacunha]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well, I'd rather see this than something about Paris Hilton or the other crap that CNN reports. I'm not sure if this kind of article is profitable or not to CNN, but its very true and well written.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
hmm i see where you are coming from

good point

what do you reckon this will lead to?

join