It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Items for the serious operator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   

www.cqbproducts.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
And for the true professional....

www.hecklerkoch-usa.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I dont have any links right now, since I am about to go, but will search and post later today. However, I do happen to know that the Riot paralyzer that you are referring to exists only as a coverstory... Yes, it is capable at low power of the burning sensation that it is advertised to be capable of, however, that was not its design goal.

The microwave projector is a full out "kill" weapon.... In the late 80s, a test in Maryland accidently caused Marine One (flying without the president onboard) to crash.... the official cause was that a cotter pin holding rotor blade control linkages came apart in flight, causing a loss of control. This is very false, as numerous aircraft engineers have noted that if such a failure occurred, the aircraft could not have gotten airborne. Also, all crew members aboard were found to have suffered severe burns across 100% of thier bodies, as well as severe scorching of internal wood paneling.... however, no fuel ever ignited upon impact...

During the gulf war, a CNN crew happened upon a dead Iraqui patrol north of Kuwait. There were no apparent bullet wounds in any of the bodies, although all of them seemed to have suffered severe burns across 100% of thier bodies, including all clothed parts of thier bodies.... however, thier uniforms were 100% intact, still on the bodies, with no burning or scorching whatsoever. No other evidence was found in the area (scorch marks on the ground, ect) of any incendiary device being used.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Anyone else have any ideas for the survival minded?

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   
www.equipped.com...

I've got a Sig-Sauer 9mm at the moment, I'm thinking about going for a rifle and shotgun next. Was thinking Benelli for the shotgun, possibly a Remington 700 for the rifle considering that I'd like to get a long range on it *just in case*.

I've already placed an enormous order through an online surplus company for some chemical suits & outdoor gear. I'm an eagle scout and my motto has always been, "Be Prepared". Worst case scenario is that I die with no regrets, no "what ifs".

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider

www.cqbproducts.com...

THATS MY #ING RIFLE!!! ITS MINE!!

I MARIED IT!!

DSR N 1

It's been my faveourite tool for years. I love that baby.

Anyone got spare $10.000 to donate?

With this rifle i'll need a proper scope.

I would use 12-42x56 Benchrest with their reticle whcih you can see on my avatar

[Edited on 18-2-2003 by Tyler]

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
MK, thanks for the link, cool site!

Sig is a good gun, but why do you want a 9mm???? If you want a Sig, get a .45 P220, or at least a .40!!! 9mm doesnt exactly have the best stopping track record in the world!!

For a rifle, I HIGHLY recommend something in .308/7.62mm NATO. My personal favorite is the Springfield Armory M1A rack grade, although the FNFAL and HK-91 are also acceptable. Even the old M1 Garand would not be a bad decision.

www.springfield-armory.com...

Just dont waste your time with the AR/AK crowd. The 5.56 is a very limited round, only about 200 meters effective range, easily deflected, low penetration, and not much energy. The 7.62x39 is little better, slightly better energy and penetration, but horrible accuracy, max effective range is around 100 meters. The .308 by contrast is MOA accurate out to 600+ meters, with excellent energy and penetration for the whole trip...

The Remington PSS 700 .308 or .300 Winmag is probably the best buy on the market right now for a precision rifle. Springfield has the M25, which is even better, but bring your checkbook!

The Benelli is a good shotgun, but because it is so light, will kick the snot out of you. The Remington 870 is tried and true, a little cheaper, and a bit more controllable.

Tyler: hey, if you buy one, let me come over and shoot it??? Its a cool looking rifle, but honestly, doesnt do enough for the money.... A Sako TRG will be just as accurate and long range, if not more so, for about $3K.... For $10K, I'll get a Barrett M82 .50BMG...

As far as optics go, check this out...

Very high quality, affordable, rugged, and super clear optics.... of course if you insist on getting a DSR, you need a really CADILLAC scope for it, try this...

www.klomont.com...

Nightforce Extreme.... top of the line, and priced like it... expect about $1500 per scope

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Oh yeah, PS if you are intending to get any kind of chemical protective suit.... first off, dont do it unless you know what you are doing....

I am HazMat trained, and some military friends have clued me in on some of the things that might come up in the event of a chem attack... first off, if you buy any surplus USGI Mopp gear, you just wasted your money... The military knows they dont work, but they cant have soldiers in the field with Level A suits and SCBA, so they do a halfa@@ proposition (what a surprise).... Anyway, the mopp suits are appropriate for riot control agents only.

If you are serious about such preparations, get a OSHA approved Level A suit, with Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (which will likely require a OHSA 40 hr certification in most states to purchase). Again, please be careful, as it is possible to suffocate in an SCBA rig if you dont know what you are doing!!!!!!! Please Note*** most gas masks use a silicone rubber face bank and most Hazmat suits are tyvek... either of these will get you dead if you come across VX... you want butyl rubber all the way around. (Butyl rubber masks are going to be stiffer and much less comfortable, which is why 90% of all masks use silicone rubber).

For those of you who dont have access to SCBA (which is likely most of you) you will need a respirator... please note the caution above and the specification for butyl rubber, although with a respirator, I dont know that it will matter much... I DONT TRUST FILTER RESPIRATORS IN THE EVENT OF A GAS ATTACK. If you get a respirator, probably the best filter cartidge that a civilian will be able to get for a gas attack is an OVC (Organic Vapor Cartridge). Also, PLEASE NOTE*** filter respirators are non-effective if used in the rain, or otherwise wet.... it negates the filter properties once the filter element is wet.

new topics

top topics

join