It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of earthquakes, UFO sightings and the Great Firewall in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Of earthquakes, UFO sightings and the Great Firewall in China

asia.cnet.com

Shortly after I arrived in Changsha end of last week, a high frequency sound hit my right ear so hard that my ear auto tuned out (i.e. went deaf) for more than a few seconds. A friend shared that when this happens to him, normally it means to him that an earthquake has just happened near his part of the world. True enough, I searched online and found that a pretty serious earthquake measuring 6.2 on the Richter scale had just occured in Qinghai just half a day before this high frequency noise incident.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news-public.com

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well there seems to be something going on in china. I don't think the earthquake had much to do with it but this is according to the story the 6th sighting there this year but the first report i found that has another news article to back it up. Are there any members here from china or any members that visit regularly? I was currious to see if this type of thing happens all the time and we only see the stories when they are leaked or someone finds the time to translate them.

asia.cnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
this seems like it would be that the earthquakes could be causes by some sort of machine by the chinese government in order to thin out the populace. Either that or the Aliens did it.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yeah im not sure about anyone having earthquake controll. That might be somthing that can be cleared up in skunkworks

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Maybe a possible explanation are brontides:

Brontides: Natural Explosive Noises
Article by Thomas Gold and Steven Soter
Thomas Gold is Director and Steven Soter is a research associate at the Center for Radiophysics and Space Research, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853

Episodes of explosive noises of natural origin, or brontides, have been well documented, often in association with seismic activity and in a few cases as precursors to major earthquakes. Ground-to-air acoustic transmission from shallow earthquakes can account for many of these episodes, but not for all, and other causes, such as the sudden eruption of gas from high-pressure sources in the ground may at times have been responsible. Confusion with distant thunder or artillery at times of anomalous sound propagation complicates the analysis, and more recently the greatly increased frequency of artificial explosive noises and sonic booms has tended to mask the recognition of natural brontides.

www.sciencemag.org...

The phenomenon i'm talking about is extremely complex, and not fully explained so far. Another very important point is that some real connection between the two phenomena is hard to be proven. But we KNOW for sure that there IS some connection. Now, brontides may sound in many different ways, their gamma of sound may vary very much, this makes the phenomenon itself very hard to be positively, 100% identified.
Sometimes they sound like a BOMB, other times they sound like some prolonged zzzzzzz, sometimes like some thunder etcetera.
Another point is that scientists are researching on everything that can be considered some so called Seismic Precursor: starting from gas Radon to the so called Earth lights. When it comes to gases everything becomes very complicated, but precursors are thought to be able to have the shape of some clouds, or fog, or they can be just variations in the Earth's magnetic field, or Electromagnetic Emissions (at some very low frequency) or just birds behaving in some strange way, etcetera.
This is believed to be some seismic precursor, in my humble opinion is not (Video taken 30 mins before the 2008 Sichuan earthquake in China):

Imagine what some great discovery would be to find some way to foresay earthquakes, i mean exactly: how many human lives we could save.
But studies are at some very low stage so far.

new topics

top topics

join