It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America mulls repaying aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Bank of America mulls repaying aid: report Agence France Presse

www.alternet.org

The federal government, meanwhile, is pressing the bank to pay about 500 million dollars to end a tentative pact that would have seen the government share its losses on some Bank of America assets, the Journal said, citing people familiar with the matter.

Although Bank of America is not seeking to repay the full 45 billion dollars of TARP aid it obtained, the company has proposed starting by returning the 20 billion of additional aid it received in January...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Animal]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wait just one second, if they 'want out' of any deal they made with the government, $500mil does not cut it IMHO, nor does $20bil. Pay back the $45bil of the PEOPLES money or just sit down and shut the heck up.

By repaying some of the aid, the Charlotte, North Carolina-based bank would no longer have its executive compensation packages reviewed by Kenneth Feinberg, the "pay czar" of President Barack Obama's administration.

I don't care if you want to pay your CEO like a king just make dam sure your not doing it with MY money you greedy bastards.

BOA is a greedy and evil entity and they are lucky they got off with their lives. I would have strongly urged jail time if not executions for what they and their ilk did to this nation.

I am tired of the banks. I am angry too. The TARP money only made it worse.

These bastards screwed us all over and now they are crying because they can't get paid enough. maybe they shouldn't get paid at all until the rest of us can get jobs.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

join