It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You will want to make copies of your important documents (passport, driver license, mortgage etc) and your favorite photos.

You can (in the USA - I have no idea about other countries) make copies at CVS and other locations. They have 'photo machines' that will reproduce almost as well as the original - AND you can adjust the size.

Think about it - you can replace or make a lot of items - but not these!

We live in Florida - close to the Atlantic ocean. We have seen many hurricane's either hit or come close.

One thing I did a few years ago - I got a few "Rubber Maid" containers - the kind that seal tightly - to put photos into. Also for important documents. They are easy to pick-up and put into the car OR into an empty bathtub in case of flooding. They are water-resistant (water-proof??) and if not too full should float.

For a BOB - Zip Type bags would work and not take up a lot of room.

Just something to think about.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
OUTSTANDING!!!!

We often get so caught up in the more exciting aspects of survival we miss something as simple and important as this...

Excellent Thread and reminder....

Semper

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Thanks Semper.

It was a friend that pointed this out (a few years ago) and I keep the containers in the spare bathtub
(This bathroom also has a separate shower so the tub is Very Rarely used!).

I had not thought of this til the friend said something and I felt "dumb as a box of rocks" that I had Not thought of it.

You are right Semper - I think it is a case of the "Forest for the Trees" type thinking.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I was just reading a thread on the Bag for Kiddo's

The idea of a few laminated photos for their bag would also be a good idea.

It would be very soothing for a lost child or one that has been separated from other members of the family to be able to look at the family photos and remember better times.

top topics

join