It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there still a " frontiline " in Iraq/Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I have this inner calling, I want to enlist, and help those overseas. I wanna see what it is for my self, and look at the eyes of those children whom we are helping.

Whowever I am a bit uncertain as to if theres still a battle to be fought there in literal terms. I want to know if theres still daily firefights, or proxy battles so to speak in certain areas. Or if it's mostly just patroling an area, hoping that trouble doesn't find you.

Is there still a frontline in either Iraq or Afghanistan? Forgive my ignorance as I might be sounding naive, but if I decide to make the decision to enlist, I'd like to be where they need me the most, which is the frontline.

If the answer is yes, then do you think that this frontline will exist for long? The reason being that I want to get at least 2 years of college done, before enlisting.

Any help would be much appreciated ATS. Thank you so much.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Go to school and get your education, and hopefully at the end of that you will be smart enough to know that there is nothing going on in Afghanistan or Iraq that you want to be part of.

Hopefully by that time you will also realize that wanting to "be on the front lines" and wanting to help people are two mutually exclusive things.

All you would be doing on those front lines is killing people without a reason.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Wow I hope you're kidding... if you want to help people you should PREFER patrolling and inspecting cars and IDs watching out for carbombs...

I think you have been playing too many video games firefights are long and strenuous and like above poster said if that is what you want it is just killing people you dont know because someone told you... and sometimes you have orders not to fire back...

You will be better off going to college and learning of say foreign politics to understand the nature of conflicts first... war is very avoidable

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

The thing about this was is that it dosent have a front line. The front line is where ever we are. Our presence in Iraq and Afghanistan is the front line.

If you go there you will figure that out quite fast. When you go on patrol its like they already know where you are going and when to hit you.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
But is the situation in those two countried as bad as to say that firefights happen everyday? From the little news I skim through I get that there isn't anything going on there, except for suicide bombings in markets every once in a while.

I also understand that trouble is wherever the troops are, because they are fighting an invisible enemy that can pass off as a pedestrian. But, I'm sure I remember being mentioned to me that there were men fighting in the frontlines of Iraq/Afghanistan. So is there currently areas that are considered frontlines?

Another reason for me wanting to do this, is to be able to tell my children that I did more than just research things on the net you know. I wanna be able to tell them that there I was, when I was needed, and no one can take that from me.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

you do realize that there are other parts in the world were you might be needed even more.

Get your education and use it to stop wars. Save people from being needlessly blown up. Save people from having to come back from a war all crippled up.

I am sure your future children would be prouder of those accomplishments than merely the fact that you were a pawn in a forgotten war.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redneck from HellAnother reason for me wanting to do this, is to be able to tell my children that I did more than just research things on the net you know. I wanna be able to tell them that there I was, when I was needed, and no one can take that from me.

Perhaps you should talk to some men that have been deployed. www.abovetopsecret.com... I think your future children would rather have a father unscared by these needless wars. There was never any real noble intentions for these wars; only greed, corruption and power. Don't believe the powers that be; if they told you the real reason for wars, noone would fight them.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Just hang on. If you want a real hand to hand fight you might get your opportunity right where you are in the street in front of your house when your government sends the troops around to arrest people for not getting their shots. You can even pick sides. Will you be on the side of the government trying to arrest people or on the side of the "patriots" and "rebels" trying to resist the tyranny from your own government.

Now there will be a story you can tell your children.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
LMFAO!!!!!! That was awesome. Just think if something ike that really did/could happen. It would probably make for a pretty cool movie or even a mini-series or something. "Swine Flu Stories" i can see it now!

Originally posted by wayno
Just hang on. If you want a real hand to hand fight you might get your opportunity right where you are in the street in front of your house when your government sends the troops around to arrest people for not getting their shots. You can even pick sides. Will you be on the side of the government trying to arrest people or on the side of the "patriots" and "rebels" trying to resist the tyranny from your own government.

Now there will be a story you can tell your children.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There hasnt been a "front line" in either country in a long time if ever.

Thast what folks on here dont understand. these are insurgent battles that are being fought. Iraq and Aghanistans militaries were decimated in a matter of days. From then on its been insurgent battles.

For some reason people out there still think that the war being fought in Iraq is against the Iraqi army and thier tanks and planes and stuff. Idiots.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

My brother is currently in the Ghan and from what I've been told by him and other guys I know who've been there, you do not want to be there.
This war isn't what they're telling you it is on TV.
It will never be won, if the Russians couldn't get in there, no one can IMO.
But if you're seriously thinking about it, as someone said in an above post, talk to people whom have been over there.

join