It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maryland Town Mayor Hoists Gadsden Flag in Protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Awesome:

The mayor of Hampstead, Maryland, will replace the town’s municipal flag with the Gadsden flag on September 1, a press release reports. Newly elected mayor Haven N. Shoemaker ordered the switch through executive order to protest anticipated cuts in state funding to local governments including Hampstead.

Tea Party activists in Sacramento, California, display the Gadsen flag.
“We have the so-called stimulus which is nothing more than an unprecedented issuance of debt. We have ObamaCare. In Maryland, we have a complete failure by Governor O’Malley and the Legislature to balance the state budget,” Shoemaker said. “The $3.8 billion in federal money sent to Maryland was wasted on pork barrel projects and social program spending rather than on rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure. Now the State is dumping their failure of fiscal leadership into our laps.”

more at link

[edit on 28-8-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I always get a major body charge when I see that flag. Woe to him who treads.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
local towns rising up against the establishment.

Sounds familiar.

I seem to recall this happening at some other point in our nations history for basically the exact same reasons.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Simular things were happening across the country during the great depression, especially when the Federal Govornment suspended the gold standard.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Great. Now, mayor, refuse any federal or state monies for your town. And I add, put taxes on your people and businesses in your community to pay for all the things your community needs. And, if you can convince your citiizens, have them send you all their income taxes and state taxes and sales taxes, etc.Then you will really have a protest.And you will take care of yourselves. Just a thought, about how to really protest against your state, and, I hope, against federal intrusion. 1776 all over again, and remember The Whiskey Rebellion!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Great. Now, mayor, refuse any federal or state monies for your town. And I add, put taxes on your people and businesses in your community to pay for all the things your community needs. And, if you can convince your citiizens, have them send you all their income taxes and state taxes and sales taxes, etc.Then you will really have a protest.And you will take care of yourselves. Just a thought, about how to really protest against your state, and, I hope, against federal intrusion. 1776 all over again, and remember The Whiskey Rebellion!!!

Anyone can fly the flag it takes a real person of character to live by it.

new topics

top topics

join