It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Energy Rip-off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The Great Energy Rip-off

www.express.co.uk

CUSTOMERS are being overcharged by £100 a year by greedy energy companies, suggests a new Government watchdog report.

Britain’s energy companies are ripping off their customers by charging extortionate prices for gas and electricity despite a fall in the wholesale prices by half.

Brits are now paying more to heat and light their homes than last summer, with the average household bill for a month standing at an astonishing £100
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The reason Ive brought this up is because this morning I bought £6 worth of gas on my pay-as-you-go gas card and after putting it in the meter I only got £1.90 worth of gas with no emergency credit, why is that?

I had a engineer out to service the boiler recently and he told me it was a fault with all the meters in the area. yeah right.

I have no debts what-so ever with the gas company and everybody Ive mentioned this to says the same thing happens to them. How wide spread is this problem and why is it nothing being is done to fix it?

www.express.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You do realise you pay much more for pay-as-you-go cards/meters? Get it ripped out and pay direct debit and do online billing.

I'm with Scottish power and pay £35 per month for gas and electric. They are obviously lying to customers and say they charge more to stockpile reserves.

Hence the Libyan deal-in-the desert where Shell, BP & British Gas have tendered bids for reserves over there and the war in Afghanistan for another 40 years to protect the TAP pipeline.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

I didn't know it was cheaper that way, thanks for the info

I just tried ringing them, but lines where busy.lol. I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
You do realise you pay much more for pay-as-you-go cards/meters? Get it ripped out and pay direct debit and do online billing.

There was a time where they were talking about evening out that the difference between PAYG and standard meters - does any one know what happened with that?... It is very unfair considering most people on the PAYG meters are on low incomes and/or having financial difficulties.

I know one place I rented had no chance of being on a normal meter for years to come due to a series of bad tennents before us - luckily we could claim back the gas and electric bills through the company we worked for, It really didn't affect us past occasionally running the meter right down, someone flicking it over to emergency and forgetting to tell any one.

In another place we paid all the bills on time, then after we moved out some idiot mixed up the meter serial numbers with the flat below... For some reason they chased up the other 2 lads but never bothered me? Any way they paid up - asked me for the money, I spotted the mistake, British Gas admitted it, but it had gone to the debt collectors already - it's now statute barred for me
But the other 2 wern't so bright - they fell for that trick where they pay a small amount as 'a gesture of goodwill'
When in reality they are LEGALLY acknowledging the debt!! [insert facepalm] - every time they do that they restart the 6 year clock....

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
No doubt we're getting ripped off. Even worse, is we shouldn't be paying for energy anyway when free energy technology is currently in existance AND being used regularly!!

Look up John Bedini and Tom Bearden. Good stuff.

new topics

top topics

join