It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent ATS Death Threads.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Is it just me or is there more threads about death and people dying , or people about to die being made recently.

What is with this infatuation with death related threads?

Is there a global conciesness making everyone write about death recently?

Take a look at all of the recent RSS feeds on ATS. Every other thread practically is about Death Death Death, Die Die Die, you are all going to Die.

I just started wondering what is causing this trend on threads that mention death in the subject or topic.

Anyone have any clue?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

I think that it only takes one popular thread on death to start people thinking about their mortality.

It is the one thing that we all have in common, and also have no clue as to what to expect when it happens.

That and all the 2012 threads, and depopulation threads don't help either.

Just shows that people are thinking a lot more about their mortality and looking for answers.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I've participated in two threads recently to say what I want on my headstone and what I'd like at my funeral.

I quite appreciate the chance to talk about it. I don't feel morbid, I like to be comfortable with the idea.

Someone close to me has been very ill recently and I've had the thought of him dying preying on my mind more than I would like. We didn't talk much, we didn't need to. We both understood that it was something we'd rather not have to discuss but what was said was to the point and no-one got upset.

My ex-employer was elderly and was always banging on about how one day I'd come in to work and find her dead. I just told her not to make too much mess.

I don't want to be around people who talk about death in hushed tones. It is something we all have to face and as life goes on there are more chances that you will lose somebody.

It's best to find ways to think about it and work out how you'll deal with it before the inevitable happens - I think, anyway.

Whatever the reason people are more inclined to think about it or discuss it now, I believe it's a good thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't know what death threads you're talking about. One of the things I've noticed in the conspiracy world is that while there are tons of rational conspiracy theorists there are those that think that we're all going to die. It makes good viewing material but when people take it seriously it's not cool... I don't know the threads you're talking about so I can't contribute more. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The death threads could not have come at a worse time for me.

I had been mentally preparing myself for surgery day before yesterday.

Then the threads about death started.

Needless to say I refused to read them. I'm sure they were good but it wasn't a good time for me to think about death.

All is good and I'm still alive after surgery.

I doubted my sanity for a few days as I Wondered why all the death talk.

Of course, it was a conspiracy.

top topics

join