It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia develops new Indestructible, Revolving, Guided rocket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I was just wondering who you think they will sell it to first?

05/06/2004 13:29
Federal State unitary establishment "construction bureau of mechanical engineering" developed a revolving, guided, highly maneuvering rocket.

The new rocket contains a body with a special combat module, jet engine and a rear stabilizer attached to the body. Its consoles are located on the angle to the longitudinal axis of the body.

Elements of revolting speed stabilization of the rocket are attached all the way around the long axis of the body.

What's considered>Latest News
Jack Sarfatti: American military is pursuing new types of exotic weapons
Amazing discovery: �hinese knew astronomy in VII century
New clues prove Russia's ancient heritage
Proportion of "Russian" asteroids shrinking
Underwater civilizations

to be novel in this newly designed rocket is that the elements of revolting speed stabilization are made in the form of destabilizers, consoles of which are located on the angle to the longitudinal axis of the rocket's body.

These destabilizing consoles have an asymmetrical profile due to the slants in front and rear edges of consoles. The slants in the rear end of consoles' edges are absolutely proportionate in correlation with the destabilizing consoles.

Due to its high maneuvering capability, the new rocket can easily escape any anti-missile radar system of a potential enemy.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkAngel
I was just wondering who you think they will sell it to first?

maybe india or china, who knows

i think they really dont care who to sell them to, $$$ RULEZ

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well, Russia SURE CAN'T afford it, also, its another target practice for the Laser program!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
as it says it can outmanovuer the anti missle radar wich means the laser cant lock on
so it would be useless

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It would have to be fast since radar travels at the speed of light.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Radar waves may travel at the speed of light, but it all depends on the type of scan, and how fast you can recieve the signal.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
as it says it can outmanovuer the anti missle radar wich means the laser cant lock on
so it would be useless

the laser can fire every 5 seconds and only needs one second to lock on the target and destroy it even faster so theres like a 95% of hitting any missle, even this one.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brende
Radar waves may travel at the speed of light, but it all depends on the type of scan, and how fast you can recieve the signal.

My radar system had Pulse, CW, Doppler with out put from the feed horn in certain modes at 3 Mega Watts. You can not "out run" radar if you are being illuminated from a stand-off position. Fire Control Tech. MSL

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hmmm, first off no link to the source of the article...no matter, its probably one of those hilarious Pravda.ru articles.

Oppss, what do you know, seems to be just that! Oh my....

Even has a silly drawing of it:

Amazing, no missile designation and no real factual data.
I wonder if its one of those modified type missiles that failed to launch from a submarine, mind you, while Grand Czar Putin was watching.

Sell? Anyone thats spends major bucks for a 'paper tiger' like this is either crazy or has money to burn.

Hell, don't show me the money....show me the real thing, eh Pravada? *shakes head*

seekerof

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brende

Huh?
I'm not going to post my initial reaction to this statement - I'm hoping I could get a further explanation of what you are talking about... before I reply...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

so it would be useless

If I might interject here...
The quote in the English version of Pravda says "Due to its high maneuvering capability, the new rocket can easily escape any anti-missile radar system of a potential enemy. " I suspect an error in translation here -
Because other more official Russian reports have stated that this missile is designed to outmaneuver the radar guided anti-ballistic missile (ABM), not the radar itself... That's sort of impossible.

As for out maneuvering a laser -
You DO know that laser energy travels at 186,000 miles per second... yes?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
firstly i was only using the data given
second it is possible to dodge lasers cause they shoot in lines of light ok cylinders of light if u can get it using a random path the laser might hit it a few times but it probably coudnt desrtoy it

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   

firstly i was only using the data given
second it is possible to dodge lasers cause they shoot in lines of light ok cylinders of light if u can get it using a random path the laser might hit it a few times but it probably coudnt desrtoy it

Yeah, your right. It could dodge it.

Providing that the attack range is greater than 200,000 miles it may have a chance to dodge one of the shots.

Otherwise....it's toast.

new topics

top topics

join