It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo detainee to sue US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Guantanamo detainee to sue US

www.news.com.au

ONE of the youngest detainees ever incarcerated at Guantanamo Bay will sue the US for compensation for his seven years behind bars without charge, his lawyer says.

Mohammed Jawad, a minor when detained by US forces in Afghanistan, was put on a US military plane and returned home this week after a US federal judge gave the Government until August 24 to release him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Damn right he should sue and he should score a fortune from the pricks who locked him up.

Seven years... that's incredible. He's not the only person in the world to lose his liberty under false pretences. While they can't all be found and helped, when they can be found, they should be given assistance.

I wonder what figure they will be pursuing? You can't really place a numerical value on some of the best years of your life.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Yes, I agree with you

and I'm happy to hear is going to sue for compensation

Sorry for the US taxpayer who will have to foot the bill for which obscenely wealthy politicians are responsible

but glad they didn't break his spirit and happy he's coming back at them.

I hope it's the first of many

and although it won't happen, I wish the politicians responsible were required to pay the compensation themselves

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I can't imagine the US paying him thou . They are world renowned for being an internationally judicially challenged nation , all kinds of banana laws will come into force to prevent payment if he wins . It is what is expected thou of a such a maverick pariah nation .

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

and although it won't happen, I wish the politicians responsible were required to pay the compensation themselves

Now there's a novel idea.

That policy would sure cut down on a lot of stupid war-mongering.

As to the law-suit it doesn't look like they are really going to do something. It would cost way more to pursue the lawsuit than to just give this kid the roof over his head and food that he and his family seem to need.
Too bad. There's a Canadian kid who also was in Gitmo as a teenager, but last I heard he's still there.

new topics

top topics

join