It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

binary numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Since all computers work off of binary numbers, which are ones and zeros; one=on and zero=off. What would a computer or a network of computers do if in its programming it read a zero with a one in the middle of it? Would it have a systems crash-down? Would all the switches start a continuous on and off cycle? A zero with a one in the middle is THE MARK OF GOD, that is the mark the Jews painted on their door posts so the death angel would pass over during Moses time. I am asking this in theory, what would the computers do?

[Edited on 5/13/2004 by LEO J]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It would probably post an error message saying something like "Stop spewing so much Bible crap!"

j/k

You do know that know one really program directly using zeros and ones?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LEO J
Since all computers work off of binary numbers, which are ones and zeros; one=on and zero=off. What would a computer or a network of computers do if in its programming it read a zero with a one in the middle of it? Would it have a systems crash-down? Would all the switches start a continuous on and off cycle? A zero with a one in the middle is THE MARK OF GOD, that is the mark the Jews painted on their door posts so the death angel would pass over during Moses time.

What are you trying to say? I don't think it is possible to enter a ninary 0 with a one in it to begin with. That leaves this question unanswerable. Or am I wrong?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The question isn't phrased clearly enough fro someone to answer. Are you saying the following:

Somehow I get the impression that you are intending it to be a 0 and a 1 at the same time. If so you have added another state of being, and this is outside the definition of binary.

The switches you are referring to work on voltage, or no voltage. More exactly, you would say that 0 -1.5 volts is off, and 1.5 to 3 volts is on. The switch changes its state somwhere in the 1.5 volt range, but still it is either on or off.

What temperature does water freeze? What temperature does water melt at? The correct answer is 32 deg. for both. Still, you can not have a molecule of water in both states at the same time.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I am asking this in theory, what would the computers do?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have no idea. First someone would have to make it possible to imput that type of number....and it wouldnt be binary code anymore. I guess its just not possible, so I have no theory.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
weeeell I'm a 17 year old kid so dont take what i say to seriously please but i'm doing Cisco:CCNA units 1 and 2 a course usually reserved for university students that i'm undertaking in high school and i'm not sure what a computer would do personally but if that sign was sent across media(cable) the receiving Network Interface Card would basically say WTF!? and check the FCS(Frame check sum) to make sure that it was serious....then it would most likely drop the packet.

on another note. i really dislike the computer subjects that i'm doing, i consider myself a much more perseptive person than these courses are letting me express. I am an atheist and belive that true intelligence is in comprehension, and not maths. many people on these forums are saying look at me I have a huge IQ..i've done so much maths and phisics. Congratulations. but its not true intelligence

Please excuse my spelling. no word and seeing as how I am the Spell check generation you can hardly blame me

so as I sit here with my Strong black german coffee in my hand and a stella artoir in the other, i wonder how do these dutch make such damn fine bier!?

top topics

join