It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"World’s First Tower Made of Hundreds of Living Trees"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

very cool! we inspired a child! that makes me feel GREAT!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
not good with the fire element...

Actually living trees are very fire-resistant. More so than the treated wood products that go into building a house. It is dead growth that is easily flammable. Where I live we have huge forest fires every summer. When a fire rages through the hillside, all that are left standing are the live trees. The dead trees, undergrowth, and any houses are burned to the ground, but the living trees are scorched on the outside, but otherwise unharmed.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I've always been amazed by the sequoia trees. They make the oaks in my yard look like toys.

I wonder if they have to build around the roots in China.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Kinda reminds me of Robinson Crusoe.
For those that have not read the book, he builds a shelter out of living trees and shrubs, and during his time on the island, they grow together and almost disappear into the scenery.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Cool tower, but I dont really think it could have any other function other than as a watch tower or something similar to it. I cant see anybody seriously living in one of those or even using it as some sort of defense.

Nice find though

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Cool find. I could think of a few other functions for this type of 'building'.
One could build them in form of a terrace where each platform is smaller than the one benaeth. So you could use each platform for gardening purposes and would be able to grow a lot of food on less space. Plus due to the terrace structure the sunlight conditions would be good on each level.
Another use could be a carport.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That is cool i never thought about that but i could plant a house.
I wish i had land our yard is just a tiny thing. when i was a kid i wanted to live in a tree house when i got older.
wish i was still a kid i was a lot more fun then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join