It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish Nationwide Contaminated With Mercury

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoofMonkey

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Udontknowme

The only conspiracy going on here is the conspiracy of corporate America paying lobbyists big bucks to poo poo global warming just so they can dodge any pollution legislation.

It's the almighty dollar....

Yeah... and your theory would have merit if it were backed by science, which it's not.

"Global Warming" is your Grand Unified Conspiracy.

LOL You obviously don't know how to read do you?

I never said Global Warming was real, I said that big business pays lobbyists big bucks to poo poo global warming...

Why? It has nothing to do with real or not...

One word... pollution.

Big Business has never wanted to curb their pollution, and as long as the American Public is engaged in a debate as to whether GW is real or not they don't have to really worry about pollution legislation because the left is using the Al Gore schtick as their flag instead of just being against environmental pollution.

See you yourself were so eager to say Global Warming was false you didn't even read my post. You ASSUMED that I was saying GW was real. I wasn't. Yet you read that.... that's because the Matrix has you.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Udontknowme

The only conspiracy going on here is the conspiracy of corporate America paying lobbyists big bucks to poo poo global warming just so they can dodge any pollution legislation.

It's the almighty dollar....

Yeah... and your theory would have merit if it were backed by science, which it's not.

"Global Warming" is your Grand Unified Conspiracy.

LOL You obviously don't know how to read do you?

I never said Global Warming was real, I said that big business pays lobbyists big bucks to poo poo global warming...

Why? It has nothing to do with real or not...

One word... pollution.

Big Business has never wanted to curb their pollution, and as long as the American Public is engaged in a debate as to whether GW is real or not they don't have to really worry about pollution legislation because the left is using the Al Gore schtick as their flag instead of just being against environmental pollution.

You do know how to read don't you?

Yeah, and evidently you don't. Else you would not be buying this scam.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RoofMonkey

What scam am I buying?

You still didn't read my post did you?

As long as you and the rest of the world are debating whether or not Global Warming exists there will be no new legislation on pollution, the real problem.

And that is exactly what Big Business wants you to do.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I eat a ton of fish, mostly tuna and salmon.

I'm not dead yet.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Global Warming. It's a mantra that you have been kicking around for several posts now.

At no time did I state or indicate that "Evil Corporations" were not evil or corporations. Merely that the entire precept behind anthropogenic "global warming" / "climate change" or what ever the current buzzword is, is wrong.

If you want to seek out "evil corporations", try Generation Investment Management. Its founders have appropriate names.

The global fund management industry is about to be hit with unexpected Blood and Gore. This morning, in London, David Blood, former chief executive of Goldman Sachs Asset Management, and Al Gore, the former US presidential hopeful, will launch their new firm, Generation Investment Management.

www.generationim.com...

This company, founded by Blood and Gore, profiteers on the hype behind "Global Warming". You might remember Blood's other company affiliation... Goldman Sachs. They were the recipient of a significant chunk of bailout money... they then turned around and paid out serious bonuses to the very same employees who put them in the wringer.

Since the fall of Bear Stearns Cos. a little more than a year ago, Goldman has taken more than $20 billion in taxpayer cash through loans, payments and backstops. Goldman's latest bailout coup was a $12.5 billion paid out of AIG's $180 billion government cash infusion.

www.marketwatch.com...

I wonder how much of that activity David Blood was involved in. Interesting that Al Gore should saddle up with this class of people... but then, it is all about the money isn't it.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by HunkaHunka

Global Warming. It's a mantra that you have been kicking around for several posts now.

Yes because it is the red herring.

At no time did I state or indicate that "Evil Corporations" were not evil or corporations. Merely that the entire precept behind anthropogenic "global warming" / "climate change" or what ever the current buzzword is, is wrong.

And you've been calling it my theory. It's not my theory.

Get your story straight and don't try to use me pointing out that GW is a red herring as some sort of soap box to hate on people who believe in Global Warming.

The only thing I believe is that pollution should stop, and stop now. And I also believe that corporations are leveraging the debate about GW to their advantage as a distraction away from anti-pollution legislation.

Anytime someone brings an anti-pollution idea up, they are uniwttingly being accused of saying that Global Warming is real....

WE ARE NOT. WE WANT POLLUTION TO STOP. That is all...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka posted on 25-8-2009 @ 20:42

Originally posted by HunkaHunkaposted on 26-8-2009 @ 09:43

See you yourself were so eager to say Global Warming was false you didn't even read my post. You ASSUMED that I was saying GW was real.

Originally posted by HunkaHunkaposted on 26-8-2009 @ 09:46

As long as you and the rest of the world are debating whether or not Global Warming exists there will be no new legislation on pollution, the real problem.

And that is exactly what Big Business wants you to do.

Funny... every single post mentions "Global Warming"

Stopping pollution is fine.

But don't you see the irony of an alarmist story about mercury contamination when the very same sect of society is pushing for the nationwide distribution of little glass envelopes containing 3 to 5 mg of mercury vapor?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join