It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dream Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I want to do a study on the effects of music on the brain in sleep, and I figure this is the place to do it. I will put some rules down, to make this work better.

Supplies:
Notebook
Pencil
Ipod/Mp3 Player with playlist abilities
Free time
Access to music

The notebook will be a dream journal where you write down your experience and for what day. For the first two days of this test, I want it to be a control test, meaning no music. On the next two days, choose a music you like, and sleep with it on. Write down your dream results, preferably, right when you wake up. On the two days after that, put on your least favourite type of music. Log your results. If you would like, you can try other type of music if you really want to.

If you would like to share, post your results in this format

Date of test

-What Type of Music? (or is it control)-

Is it Music you like?: Yes, or No

Where They Lucid Dreams: Yes, or No

Description of dreams:

Please do try this, it shouldn't take to much time, and it should have some interesting results.

If you would like to make a suggestion to this experment, feel free.

Also, please post your control results, so the results aren't skewed.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Phlynx]

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Phlynx]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Come on! Someone do something, I thought it was a good idea!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It is a good idea. I'll join you in this. I don't have a way to play the music all night, but I can probably get an hour or two at a time going. It will probably work out. Especially if I am waking up from dreams to take reminders/notes to help later in recall.

It will be interesting to see which stages of sleep the music can be heard in, which types of dreams it can be heard in, and most interesting for me will be if anyone's dream characters are able to hear the music too.

new topics

join