It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Beaten Over Wrong Hamburger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

SAN ANTONIO -- A 42-year-old man attacked his 61-year-old friend with a baseball bat over an order of hamburgers, an arrest affidavit stated.

Link to Source

Bulmaro Estrada was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in connection and was being held in the Bexar County Jail on a $75,000 bond.
According to the affidavit, Estrada, got angry when the victim, Ramon Villarreal, told him he could only loan him $135 for rent.
Villarreal then went to get some hamburgers, and when he returned, Estrada got even angrier when the victim brought the wrong hamburgers, the affidavit stated.
That's when Estrada got an aluminum bat and started hitting Villarreal, the affidavit stated.

Villarreal suffered injuries to his torso, right knee cap and one of his hands during Friday's incident, the affidavit stated.
The victim was treated for his injuries at Southeast Baptist Hospital.

Geez. The guy needed some help with rent and went completely bat nuts when the burgers weren't right. People are getting so angry and so violent. The guy was going to help him a little...no mention of drugs or alcohol being involved, which makes this make even LESS sense to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Um, er, Uh.....

Okay, I have gotten really upset about burgers before, but never violent. I'm thinking the guy who loaned the money, and bought the food should get new buddies.

Times are getting hard, my heart goes out to All.

S&F

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
There is something seriously wrong with someone who beats up a 61 year old man with a baseball bat.

He must be a complete coward, to use a bat on someon 20 years older than himself.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You look at how far we've come, in terms of technology in the last 100 years.
(Many people believe many different reasons behind this, and I won't mess around on that.)
But, I wonder if the average Joe was really ready for these leaps and bounds. They directly correlate to the amount of stress on a person.
The way we've set up society is stressful in itself, driving, walking, working, not working, living in debt, late bus, crying babies, fighting children,barking dogs, (that one crow...every morning at 5am...no matter where I am), home repairs, car repairs, school, soccer, free time? haha, none.

All the stresses from all the different sides can really weigh in on someone.
I don't condone it, but we are seeing it more and more, as people take too many things too seriously. I have road rage, but know I don't have to pound on someone to make me feel better. I just know, this is life, and no one gets out alive.

We all live on the frayed ends of sanity...sometimes, it just takes a nudge to knock us out of whack. I think these are transitional times for our minds, and sadly, we may see this more and more...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Talk about Mad Cow Disease! Wow!

The age is not the issue! Bats are used for playing Baseball!

I couldn't imagine a Louisville Slugger to the head!?!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

First, the guy is ticked off that his friend can't loan him anything more than 135 bux, to pay his rent...

But the guy still gave him 135.. which was pretty dang nice of him to do.

Then, when he goes out of his way to get the guy some food... he gets so enraged over it being "not right" that he beats him down with a bat?

That about cover it?

Yeah , think it's safe to say he's not gonna get the loan, but he'll not have to worry about rent in jail

Oh, and they don't give you much of a choice of "what kinda burger you want?" in jail.

What a twisted set of sensibilities the guy has lol

And this guy was supposed to be a friend?

Myeah...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
To be really honest, I'm not sure WHAT the issue is with this one. Just a bad apple maybe, or someone stressed a little too much, or society failing one another, or greed....I just don't know.

I know it couldn't have just been the burgers...please tell me it wasn't just the burgers.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
With the economy the way it is, people are really stressed out, making

them aggressive, anger also builds up causing them to do things they

usually would'nt do. Things will get alot worse, as we go along. We all

just have to much on our plates, thats for sure!.....imo

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

So if you're saying the assailant is a complete arse....... I'd say you're just about right.

At least he didn't hit him in the head..

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Jomina

So if you're saying the assailant is a complete arse....... I'd say you're just about right.

At least he didn't hit him in the head..

You are so right. At least we didn't have to read that a guy was killed over a hamburger.

top topics

join