It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New LIFE Photos Of Nazi Germany

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Who started that war in Iraq mr. right wing?????

There IS NO WAR in Iraq... we are NOT AT WAR with Iraq

Its called Operation Iraqi Freedom because we are there to help them overcome tyranny and be democratic

And as far as I know were not lining them up in the streets and blowing heads off. And I think you need to look up the term genocide, Since it means the systematic elimination of an entire radical or cultural group.

Seems to me he was referring to Saddam's killing of the Kurds? At least that i sthe way I read it though I could have missed something

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Had Hitler managed to complete the bomb and use it on us, I bet it would have been a different tune we played.

Given all that new hardware that hadn't been tested on 'soft targets,' the voices of the hawks won out again...there goes Nagasaki. If Hitler had used it, I'd guess London would be his reluctant choice. All said, he wanted GB as part of his wacky Reich...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
Extraordinary images. What struck me straight away was how very un-German that swastika symbol looks. I know it was widely used in various Eastern cultures for centuries before the Nazis got their hands on it, but I can't for the life of me think why. It just doesn't look right, somehow! Perhaps it's the influence of colour when I'm used to seeing so many black and white images in history text books....

LW

Yes the swastikas are very intimidating. I could easily see a cross there or other symbol. I think the size and infinite amount of them everywhere is what is shocking.

Another thing that struck me was that it instantly reminded me of the way north korea is right now. Their gigantic gatherings, with the children and citizens putting on giant choreographed shows for the leader. The military everywhere, I couldn't help think of how much it exactly resembles how north korea is at this moment.

Also, I wondered what the guy was looking at with his binoculars, while standing next to Hitler on the podium. Was he preforming secret service type of security? Would be interesting to know, maybe this was after the attempt on his life?

Nice find, thanks for the heads up.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
i ve been blown away...amazing collection..S & F op

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillresearchn911

Extraordinary images. What struck me straight away was how very un-German that swastika symbol looks. I know it was widely used in various Eastern cultures for centuries before the Nazis got their hands on it, but I can't for the life of me think why. It just doesn't look right, somehow! Perhaps it's the influence of colour when I'm used to seeing so many black and white images in history text books....

LW

Yes the swastikas are very intimidating. I could easily see a cross there or other symbol. I think the size and infinite amount of them everywhere is what is shocking.

Another thing that struck me was that it instantly reminded me of the way north korea is right now. Their gigantic gatherings, with the children and citizens putting on giant choreographed shows for the leader. The military everywhere, I couldn't help think of how much it exactly resembles how north korea is at this moment.

Also, I wondered what the guy was looking at with his binoculars, while standing next to Hitler on the podium. Was he preforming secret service type of security? Would be interesting to know, maybe this was after the attempt on his life?

Wow, what an Ignorance!!!
swastika-info.com...

Germany:
de.wikipedia.org...:Labach.JPG&filetimestamp=20060228140627
France:
de.wikipedia.org...:Swastika_Paris.jpg&filetimestamp=20060219194832
Scandinavia:
de.wikipedia.org...:Brakteat_von_Djupbrunns.jpg&filetimestamp=20060802115903

In Germanic Culture it stands for the "Schwarze Sonne= SS" aka Black Sun.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky All said, he wanted GB as part of his wacky Reich...

Why? They drink warm beer

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Ummm those were posed photos, same with the ones looking at the maps...
Photo ops

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

BEFORE HITLER

This polychromic pictograph is that of an archaic style stupa (Tibetan = chorten) as typified by the small midsection (bumpa), short spire, long streamers and horn-like finale. The counterclockwise swastika (yungdrung) painted in the same red ochre pigment identifies this as a Bon composition. Polychromic rock paintings seem to be rare in Tibet (for reference to another example see my Divine Dyads, p.262, Library of Tibetan Works and Archives: 1997). Probably early Buddhist period to 1300

www.tcoletribalrugs.com...

AFTER HITLER

Coronado Naval Base, San Diego
Swaztika Barracks Design
32°40'33.83"N 117° 9'28.36"W

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
amazing photos - and utterly chilling at the same time.

that they are in colour really brings history to life.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haunebu

LW

Wow, what an Ignorance!!!
swastika-info.com...

Germany:
de.wikipedia.org...:Labach.JPG&filetimestamp=20060228140627
France:
de.wikipedia.org...:Swastika_Paris.jpg&filetimestamp=20060219194832
Scandinavia:
de.wikipedia.org...:Brakteat_von_Djupbrunns.jpg&filetimestamp=20060802115903

In Germanic Culture it stands for the "Schwarze Sonne= SS" aka Black Sun.

to avoid confusion , SS actually stands for Schutzstaffel - "Protective Echelon" in English

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Amazing photos! I thouroughly enjoyed looking through them all and getting a colorful taste of history...even if it wasnt the best history.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Just came from here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
that had a few pictures.

So new pictures.
Any of the funeral!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So wouldn't these pictures have more to do with Bush and his families ties to funding the Nazi war machine or Arnold Schwarzenegger's family ties to the Nazi SA.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by netron
that they are in colour really brings history to life.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Thanks, Johnny Canuck!! Great find!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Your being SARCASTIC right?? Operation Iraqi Freedom?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Your being SARCASTIC right?? Operation Iraqi Freedom?

I was?

Operation Iraqi Freedom
www.mnf-iraq.com...

Operation Iraqi Freedom
www.globalsecurity.org...

Operation Iraqi Freedom: Strategies, Approaches, Results PDF
fas.org...

Seems to many forget that we are not at war with Iraq

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Everyone wanted to be in the movies, that's all it was.
Hitler was a well known photo hound.
Then Hitler pull out the war card.
No fake movie then.

I had the misfortune to volunteer for something where LBJ showed up.
It was most likely on television.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Here are some gems you may like:

[edit on 8/28/2009 by KRISKALI777]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

First one says it all
Second one expired

top topics