It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Nuclear Testing from 1945 Onwards Bring ET/UFOs to Investigate Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Here is a table I made, it shows the total nuclear testing (US) in kilotons (kt) in the years 1945 to 1992, followed by the number of widely reported, alleged UFO incidents in that year.

Obviously there are hundreds of sightings every year, but I have used this table from Wikipedia as a source, it is:

a list of UFO sightings including cases of alleged alien sightings and abductions. Some cases are popularly known and have become folklore. Others are more obscure, and known mainly to ufologists and enthusiasts.

Some of them are debatable and unproven, but of note anyway.

SOME INTERESTING POINTS OF NOTE
-1945, Tests start, followed by a glut of possible sightings.
-1947 Roswell/Kenneth Arnold incidents

-1948 Mantell incident/Gorman Dogfight
-1952, total tests in kt increase by more than %2,000 on the, previous record, followed by 6 possible sightings in 2 years. The Washington DC UFO incident
-Busiest period for above ground testing, notable UFO sightings of this period are 1953 Felix Moncla disappearance and Ellsworth Incident

-1956/58, two more big testing years, followed by above average sightings.

-No tests for three years, however 3 Possible UFO incidents.

AFTER 1962 TESTING WENT FORM ABOVE GROUND TO UNDERGROUND

-Not a huge amount of testing in kt, but interestingly this is the first period of underground testing, followed by peaked interest and UFO reports.
-Notable incidents from this period, the Kecksburg, Mothman and Jimmy Carter UFO incidents.

-Two years of high underground testing and high UFO reports, followed by consistent testing and possible UFO incidents. Marked by the Travis Walton abduction, and 1976 Tehran UFO incident.

The information about the US testing was from the Database of nuclear tests, United States, compiled by Wm. Robert Johnston.

A FEW OBSERVATIONS

I think it can be safely said that post WW2, once the nuclear cat was out of the bag, testing increased, and became public. There was obviously testing prior to 1945 (how else would they have developed the bombs that deployed over Japan), but getting information on this period is difficult.

As soon as the 1945 blasts happened, followed by the increased testing, the number of media reported incidents increased.

The period from '52 - '58 was massive in terms of testing, and corresponded with several famous incidents, and increased activity.

The commencement of sustained underground testing coincided with a new wave of UFO reports and possible incidents.

When the table shows periods of high testing, this is generally followed by an increased period of alleged UFO activity.

It is also worthy to note that in some of the periods of no testing by the US, there were actually some major UFO incidents. This may be explained by the fact that the USSR was also testing during those periods, Important Soviet Nuclear Tests

First Lightning

The first Soviet atomic test was First Lightning (Первая молния) August 29, 1949, and was code-named by the Americans as Joe 1.

Tsar Bomba

The Tsar Bomba (Царь-бомба) was the largest, most powerful nuclear weapon ever detonated. It was a three-stage hydrogen bomb with a yield of about 50 megatons. This is equivalent to ten times the amount of all the explosives used in World War II combined. It was detonated on October 30, 1961, in the Novaya Zemlya archipelago, and was capable of approximately 100 megatons, but was purposely reduced shortly before the launch. Although weaponized, it was not entered into service; it was simply a demonstrative testing on the capabilities of the Soviet Union's military technology at that time. The explosion was hot enough to induce third degree burns at 100 km

CONCLUSIONS

Is it possible that man's development of nuclear weapons caused ET to notice and come to Earth to investigate?

I think that some of the major incidents and peaks in activity, have come at a time of increased nuclear tests and explosions.

It could be a Government ploy to distract the public from testing and possible nuclear war, however this is unlikely since the Government helped with the spread of this mass hysteria.

I believe that ET has come to check up on us all throughout history. When we started to split the atom, this signalled a disturbing advancement in our knowledge and threat to the security of the solar system.

One of two things happened, Either they came to Earth, to say to TPTB 'Hey we are here, don't do anything too stupid with your bombs!' OR 'Hey, you have the bomb, you're ready to meet us now, lets make contact (Oh and we have to keep an eye on you too)!'

This is what I think occurred. But I'll let you make up your own mind!

Peace, kiwifoot.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I'm really sorry to everyone trying to read this, in the preview, all the dates and comments line up perfectly, but for some reason it screws up when submitted, will try and fix this!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Thanks for taking the time to make this, great job! Here is a good link from NICAP and their "Nuclear Connection Project", it might be of use to anyone:

Nuclear Connection Project

Here is another link with information compiled by Robert Hastings about UFO-ICBM or nuclear storage site incidents:

ICMB/Nuclear Storage Incidents

Here is a link to MANY more nuclear related cases:
UFO Intelligence Summary

NICAP is a GREAT source for anything UFO/Alien related, I would suggest it to anyone.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I can tell you that here in the Rochester NY area back in the 60's when the Ginna Nuclear Power Plant was being constructed and went into operation there were many sightings! We lived about 25 miles from there and just about all my relatives were hunters back then and were really into coon hunting. (very cruel IMO)

My father, uncles, and all his buddies were seeing so many of these things that it became a joke around here. Just saying, this link is real and I have no doubts about the connections.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Your welcome, thanks for those links, gives me something to do (the weather in the UK is (shock) bad!).

I think there has to be a connection, I like those stories of UFO's following nukes, crazy stuff.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think that German nuclear scientists and engineers were brought
into the US in 1945 along with German free energy scientists that
developed the saucers that flew over D.C. in the 50s.
Pilot trainers were also brought into the US in New Mexico.
The Foo was well know to intel people and the technology had to
be captured and continued to be covered with alien and we couldn't
do it stories.
ED: Oops, forgot.. the atomic bombs bringing in the aliens to visit
is an old one.. older than the lies about Forestall.
Traveling Aliens is a myth to hide the Tesla craft that is known as UFO
at many sightings.

[edit on 8/23/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I can tell you that here in the Rochester NY area back in the 60's when the Ginna Nuclear Power Plant was being constructed and went into operation there were many sightings! We lived about 25 miles from there and just about all my relatives were hunters back then and were really into coon hunting. (very cruel IMO)

My father, uncles, and all his buddies were seeing so many of these things that it became a joke around here. Just saying, this link is real and I have no doubts about the connections.

I'm glad you think there's a connection, it seems from the numbers, and the websites jkrog08 suggested also seem to link the two.

It would have been cool to see anything, especially during that period.

All the best!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
I think that German nuclear scientists and engineers were brought
into the US in 1945 along with German free energy scientists that
developed the saucers that flew over D.C. in the 50s.
Pilot trainers were also brought into the US in New Mexico.
The Foo was well know to intel people and the technology had to
be captured and continued to be covered with alien and we couldn't
do it stories.
ED: Oops, forgot.. the atomic bombs bringing in the aliens to visit
is an old one.. older than the lies about Forestall.
Traveling Aliens is a myth to hide the Tesla craft that is known as UFO
at many sightings.

[edit on 8/23/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

Oh good, you've solved it, we can all go home now! Thanks for that!

If the US was going to develop a secret mode of transport, the last thing they would do is fly it in formation over Washington, or populated areas, surely?

The Foos were reported as being rather small. I'm not saying they weren't man made, but they were hardly space ships.

I suggest that they weren't flying saucers, crewed ships or modes of transport.

Seems like you've taken several UFO theories, and rolled them up into one big theory that is hard to argue against, but it doesn't sit right with me.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Allied pilots over Europe started reporting strange phenomenon from the early 1940's onwards ; they popularly became known as Foo Fighters or Kraut Fireballs. They seemed to come in a variety of sizes and shapes, those of the fireball variety seemed to cause major alarm to the night fighters of the USAAF.

So I'm wondering whether it was atomic testing/bomb detonation which attracted ET's attention or whether it wasn't some other form of atomic activity which sparked their interest ? I'm thinking in particular about the initiation of the worlds first atomic pile, in Chicago, in December 1942. That was the worlds first artificial, self sustaining nuclear chain reaction.

Maybe ET detected that ?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that it got their attention. It may very well be that this type of information was given to us in some form. Obviously, there are some types of technology that most of us can't yet be trusted with.

I wouldn't want my kids playing with fireworks either. But, stories of ancient history or within the last 3,000 years, have mentioned UFOs or flying craft and advanced warfare. Maybe we did have it back then and had it taken away.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The various governments of the world are always spying on each other to find out what sort of weapons tech they have.

Maybe ETs do the same thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Perhaps this is a case of correlation but not causation.

What about another possibility: that with the advent of radio not-to-distant civiliations -- say, less than 10-15 light years away -- started noticing the radio signals. As I understand it, radio signals large enough to be detected fairly far out didn't start up until the 50's, but I'd assume the signals prior to this could make it the aforementioned distances. I acknowledge this is not an original thought, and is part of the storyline of the movie (and I assume the book) Contact.

Unless nuclear blasts create some kind of instantaneous disturbance in the "force", their E&M waves only travel at light speed, so I wouldn't expect them to draw any ET visitors until the 50's.

This all assumes some sort of faster-than-light travel, as just about any ET UFO visitation to Earth implies.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

We're the only folk dumb enough to make and store plutonium so they all perked up when they noticed what we were up to and now they're waiting for us to er mess up before they move in for the spoils.

new topics

top topics

join