It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me, show me, present some evidence that Nothing will happen the coming 3-5 years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
'' Every thing points to an coming time, a time of some thing coming.
I read and read, I listen and listen, but, doom is roaming.

My eyes are watching, watching and watching, hour after hour.
All of it say, it is coming, coming a change.
Maybe what is coming is out of my eyes range.

Science say , no , every thing is cool, every thing is normal.
Peer-reviewed evidence tend to say 'yes, we agree, it is not abnormal'.
why are my eyes and mind telling me, what is coming is not of this dimention.
This world is out of time, and there is a tale speaking of an coming transition.''

This man, who also run a radio show, seems to agree, Nothing points to Nothing is going to happend....

Show me, why shouldn't i quit my job and get my family to a safe place ?
should I stay put and go to job as usuall to save face ? then die ?

okey, listen up ...

[edit on 21/8/2009 by ChemBreather]

[edit on 21/8/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
krmt, that is convincing...

Ok , I am convinced nothing will happen in the 2012 scenario, there are so much proof presented here , omg !!!

Or

hahah 2 months since I posted the thread, I thought you guys had Tons of proof nothing will happen ??

[edit on 16/10/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Dimensions are merging. The "reptilian" reality is re-entering and merging with our dimension again, which is why there's so much calmity in the world. Know that when there's destruction, there is also a rebirth of something new.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hmm, well just based off the OP subject alone, you can't prove a negative so that's a tough challenge.
As for me, I hope something will happen but I try not to dismiss all skepticism.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

if you come with the spirit, nothing will happen in 2012, why you brought up this topic? there is no enough proof for you anyway
good day

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
hahaha, yeah, you can never 'prove' that NOTHING will happen when it comes to anything. Yes my friend, it is likely that nothing will happen to YOU.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

When you say "Nothing" I will assume that you mean "Mayan Long Count End Of The World David WilCock" type of something ... because something (with a little "s") always happens.

Well there are two things really (ok it's not hard evidence ... but as the evidence for the 2012 prophecies are opinions then I don't have any problem presenting my own opinion as evidence)

1) There has been many end of the world prophecies ... and many people thoroughly, 100%, obsessively, militantly, fatally convinced (like the 2012ers perhaps??) that these prophecies would unfold ... but, they did not ... and as this one isn't really different to those that have passed before it ... so "computer says no" to this one as well ...

2) The evidence that something will happen seems, to me, to be FAR from overwhelming ... and in fact it is pretty under-whelming really ... it makes me very suspicious that there are so many different "experts" presenting "The Real Truth" and each trying to sell their own book?? ... it makes my head spin like Niburu ...

Combine these two points together and my bet is that Something (with a capital "S") is NOT going to happen.

Of course your odds of Something happening shorten with each passing "prophecy" ... So keep on keeping on! ... because one day ... someday ... someone crying "THE END IS NIGH" will be right ...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have proof a letter I sent myself from the future; the date march 8, 2019... It reads "We're still alright, nothing happened and your life still sucks...sorry"
That really bites all.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 17-10-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
With everything that has been talked about to happen, I would not be surprised if someone actually tried to make something happen. Maybe some fanatic who feels that he is actually the one suppose to push us into this new age of wisdom etc. There are enough people who absolutely believe that something is going to happen, and they may believe that they are the catalyst to set things in motion. So even if there is no polar shift or planet x heading our way I fear more those here on earth that may make it their personal goal to push society to the edge. I feel we should be more afraid of our own people than some outside influence destroying our world.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
3-5 years?? Maybe, but I'm not too sure about that one. I take a broader perspective. Within the century, many converging points will bring about an acceleration in evolution for life on this planet. Forget carbon emissions, global warming, 2012, etc..

There's enough scientific evidence that our current route is unsustainable. Look at superbugs, for example. They didn't come around until we introduced antibiotics. Putting plastics into the ecosystem seems to have mucked up this world more than just about anything else. Well, maybe except nuclear energy.

Testosterone counts have been more than halved in the last 50 years! Around one third of the fish are gone from the oceans! Coral reefs dying out, fish falling out of the sky in flocks. Bats seem poised towards extinction. Bees are affected by (I think) pesticides.

All in all, mass disease, mutation, evolution will occur. Resources may dwindle, and wars will in all likelihood be fought over this.

I don't think there's much "proof" of 2012. Just look how many theories there are. So many groups and most think they have the one truth. 2012 has become some sort of religious cult. That's not a good thing, me thinks..

[edit on 17-10-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You are asking the impossible.

Nobody can prove, with evidence available today, what will or will not happen tomorrow. It is logically unsound.

I am guessing (correct me if I'm mistaken) that you are referring to the 2012/end of days/NWO or any of the other lush conspiracies that are often discussed on this site. While these may or may not happen, it is always a good idea to put things in historical context before we, as they say, "go off the deep end".

The Mayans were not the first society to predict the end of days. People have thought the world would end dozens if not hundreds of times before in recorded history, and likely thousands more before the advent of writing. Surely we all remember 2000, and the y2k nonsense that occurred a little under a decade ago. That was an end-of-days scenario that was actually rooted in scientific fact, as opposed to religious/spiritual fantasy. And while there were certainly concerns for some database systems, the fears turned out to be entirely overblown (as many, including myself, had predicted).

Whether or not something major will happen in 2012 or at any time in the future will be entirely unknown to us in the present, as it is impossible to predict said future. All we can do in the meantime is conjecture, and wait.

So, to answer your question in summary: No, nobody can prove that nothing will happen, just as nobody can prove that something will happen.

top topics

join