It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies aside, describe your perfect alien world!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Most of the topics on this board are about aliens coming to us, governments covering this up, leeching technical advances from them etc etc. However, as sure as I am that beings far superior to us exist out there in the vast void of the universe, I'm not sure what kind of a world they would inhabit or what form they would take.

When I think about aliens, I don't think of the typical humanoid shapes that most people think of. I think more of creatures & organisms. We automaticaly beleive that our calculations saying life cannot be without air & water are certain. Again, I'm reserved on this. I think it is possible for either less or more advanced lifeforms to exist on other mediums. We know they can because some cave life exists without air and without light. These are the fundementals for life on this planet, and might not be on others.

When I think of an alien world, I have many perceptions of what one could be like. If life does depend on air & light, then the amount of that might effect the size of any existing organisms. So in a world with high oxigen & light levels, such as twin suns & constant daylight, life could be considerably larger. If the planet was static and one side in constant light & one in constant darkness, life could take hugely different forms depending on what side of the planet it evolved on etc.

When we think about alien life, we must open and bend our minds to the fact that ANYTHING is possible. Life on these worlds will certainly not be like life on Earth, even if the planet is the same, and even if humans existed there.

It is also very possible that we are not the only planet that supports human life, others could have both devolved and highly evolved versions of us. Considering some planets have been around billions of years longer than Earth, life on these could be billions of years ahead of us. Some of these planets are younger, meaning life would be considerably devolved to us.
UFO's could be manned by humans billions of years ahead of us, who've developed means to hyperspace across the universe.

When you think of a far off alien world, what comes to mind?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
This is so cool. There have been many a night where my friends and I have been gathered somewhere, and our conversation would turn to this.

When I think of an alien world, I imagine it might be similar to planets in our existing solar system, like the great gas giants that dominate the outer portion of our system. Each giant has multitudes of moons, several with qualities that seem possible for colonization.

How about other large gas planets in other star sytems? Would they be as large? I would assume so, many of the extrasolar planets that were gaseous were even larger than jupiter himself! Think of the moons that might be orbiting them. There could be moons near the size of Earth, and fully capable of life!

My favorite imaginative "planet" would in fact be a moon. Imagine living on a moon of a large planet, having the great celestial body dominate the skyscape! How beautiful would it be to live on world where there were a planet and many moons were hanging in the sky to give you light. Perhaps the the star that the particular moon you are on is far away. It may end up being an everlasting night, naught but the heavens to give you light. The life would be much different! If it were a particularly wet climate, would there be types of fungi? Would life be more amphibian-like? Imagine a large salamander-type creature flying around on great wings from giant mushroom to giant mushroom, collecting spores for it's young to feast on. I can imagine many creatures with phosphorescent glows to light up their dark paths, similar to the deep ocean creatures we bear. What types of natural phenomena would there be? Imagine watching an extra-terrestrial Aurora Borealis. What an amazing sight that would be!

I've always thought it would be awesome to live on a moon of Saturn, like perhaps the many-laked Titan, to be able to see Saturn AND Jupiter hanging in the sky, along with the various moons around. Imagine the colour of the sky, since the sun is hitting it at a different angle it would be much different. I can't imagine doing any surfing on any of the seas of methane, however

What a fun topic! I could go on for hours. I wonder what other people's imaginations have to bring

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Thats an awesome thought

Reminds me of those desktop wallpapers with the bright sky & a huge ringed Saturn like planet just hanging there above it. A moon sounds very plausable too, as with Titan's lakes, they are more likely to be right to sustain life. So if your thinking gas giant moons, even if they were orbiting the main planet, they would get substantial light from there. Thats not to mention any local stars. I think the possibility of a static planet is plausable too, where one side is frozen & the other side is warm. There you would have 2 types of life, completly different from each other.

Also to compare the possibilities with ocean life is quite a good idea too. Did you watch that Alien Planet program? That showed a fictional planer called Darwin, where the sky was dominated by 'sky whales', which were huge whale-like things that floated on the oxigen rich air.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
When I think of the perfect alien world or universe I think of "Star Wars" and I am not kidding. I think that would be a great world! All kinds of species living together and working together...what more could I ask for....yes I am a huge SW fan so of course I would pick that as my perfect world/universe....

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I've always wondered if an alien race would have the same idea of love & hate, good & bad like we do. I wonder if they blow each other up for what they beleive in like we do etc etc. Or if they have developed advanced means of living together & sharing an enviroment peacefuly.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Perfect Alien World?

No ignorant, self-absorbed, destructive, cowardly, disingenuous, petty, belligerent, humans.

Instead, only enlightened, evolved, resourceful, symbiotic, cooperative, sentient beings living in harmony with nature, each other, and their galactic neighbors.

Well, we can dream, can't we?

top topics

join