It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Manipulation Going Haywire?!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
First let me tell you a little about myself. I practice Vitakinesis which is healing. I heal with chi and ki (both types of energies). I also practice Energy
Manipulation. Well I don't practice both I was born with the energy one and I practice Vita. I know Energy Manipulation sounds RPish, but I didn't know what else to call it. Anyways on to the topic... Ok well lately I've been getting this weird feeling in my hands. Like I'll be watching TV and then when I concentrate or when I get really into the movie
this weird feeling in my hands comes upon me. It's like this vibration feeling mixed with waves. Like the energy is swimming in my hands... Or if I'm on the computer reading an article and I get into it I get the feeling in my hands again. What is this? PLEASE HELP!

EDIT: It's not my hand going numb! It's like if I concentrate alot or get into the TV show good then it feels like an energy ball in my hands... So far today I had it happened to me 12 times! I know the feeling of you hand getting numb it ain't that!!! When you get numb it usually takes quite some work to un-numb it... This, right when I touch something or someone it dissapates like right away. All it takes is the slightest tap on a table to make it go away (tryed it). So don't tell me to see a doctor. It ain't numbness...

[edit on 20-8-2009 by mimroro]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The first thing to consider, is whether there is a physical cause for these feelings. There are any number of causes of strange feelings in the hands that have a purely (or mainly) physical basis. You might consider getting a physical checkup to eliminate the possibility of a physical cause. One cause that comes to mind is carpal tunnel syndrome, which often manifests as the sensations you describe. But there are also many others, including diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, and even certain types of toxins. I'm telling you to see a doctor simply because, if you don't rule out the physical possibilities, it makes no sense to worry about other possibilities. By far, physical causes are more often responsible for these sensations than energetic causes.

If you have ruled out a physical cause (and only then), you should consider what you are doing with your energy practices. Are you practicing at all now, following some discipline? If you are just playing around with energy, you may be creating imbalances, sending more energy (say, into the hands), and not allowing it to flow back from the hands. Most energy work relies on the *flow* of energy, not just the accumulation of it. There are practices for circulating the chi, for example, that involve a complete circle, not just sending it out or to some particular location.

As for chi and ki - I don't know what you mean when you speak of them as separate energies. To my understanding, ki is the Japanese pronunciation of chi, the Chinese word for "air" or "fluid", the life force. Prana in the Ayurvedic tradition. Perhaps you have studied under a school that makes a distinction, but it is not one that I recognize.

If you have no studied under a teacher, and if you have already seen a doctor, then I encourage you to seek out a decent teacher who deals with energy.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

First off I already did rule out the physicals on that. Second off I was born with energy manipulation I know all about it and the balances I need to make... Ki is your own energy or the energy in any living being. And Chi is the passive energy in the air... And I already am seeing a teacher about the energy thing. To late bub!
Sorry for being rude, but every where I ask this the people are like SEE A DOCTOR SEE A DOCTOR... And It made my day horrible. Anyways thanks for the reply!!!

new topics

join