It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Challenge to All...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The implications that Republicans have not contributed to the effort to reform the medical care problems is just plain ignorance which is primarily the fault of the News media because they are imposing a virtual blackout on anything that might get in the way of their Leftist Collectivist dreams.

Even on this board, I have said many times that I back Senate Bill 1324 by Jim Demint.

I can describe the bill till I'm blue in the face. It's always ignored.

And then yet I hear the cries of the GOP does nothing.

Fact is, the Govenment and Media are hellbent on destroying the Constitution and yet somehow, by the grace of God, the American People are resisting this effort.

There are alternatives.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by VinceP1974]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You start reforming health care with 1 major first step.

What is that you say?

You arrest the current and all former heads of the FDA and all current and former heads of the pharm industries. Charge them with murder & conspiracy to commit. We've all heard stories about treatments & medicines that have been suppressed - there has to be some truth there.

We line them up against the wall and say that any who confess gets shot last.

That will surely get the attention of everyone in the health care industry and change will happen overnight.

It is the carrot and the stick sollution.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
*bump*

I thought we had a good debate going here... did someone win?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Artephius Abraxas Helios

Here's an idea...

What if we head it off at the pass...

Eat healthy, exercise, quit droning in front of the TV or computer for hours on end.

Do some charitable work once or twice a month for your fellow American (even the liberals.. haha) Donate time to help sick kids or families thereof.

Grow some vegetables and eat a bunch of them - heck, one even gets some exercise while doing gardening.

Read a book on nutrition - while walking on the treadmill.

The point is that if we change our habits, we may need less healthcare overall and could make this much less of an issue. That's where the real savings is. The medical industry makes money when people are sick. If we don't want them to make money... an ounce of prevention is their worst enemy.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jayjayrocks

Great ideas, but may I add one more? Stay away from the doctors unless you are really sick!

One of the largest problems we have in healthcare is the lack of patience most people have today. There are viruses loose in the world, and they will infect people from time to time. Our bodies can handle this in the vast majority of the cases, but that doesn't mean we won't feel under the weather from time to time. The trick is to not allow a little cold to worry us to the point of us rushing to the nearest ER in a panic.

I blame the media for this panic-first attitude. We have been trained all our lives that any ache or pain is an indication that we must buy and consume the latest chemical concoction to take it away. Sorry, folks, life just doesn't work like that! We are all born with the most advanced security system ever seen inside us: our own immune system. Left alone, it will attack, destroy, and rid us of any virus or contaminant that may come along. Only occasionally does it need a bit of assistance, and then only a tiny bit. But the more we assist it, the weaker it becomes, just like not using a muscle will cause it to atrophy.

Medicine cannot replace the immune system. It's simply not designed to. I know in some threads I have made the statement that no insurance company ever healed anyone, but no doctor has ever healed anyone either! The doctors only are able to assist our own bodies in the healing process. Now if we abuse that immunity we are born with to the point that it no longer is able to do its job, how is it that we expect a doctor to make it all better? The constant attention by the doctors with their newest snake-oils is why it is weak in the first place!

No, the best method is to suck it up, ignore that weak listless feeling, maybe get some bedrest if you feel that bad, and let the doctors treat the really sick folks. You'll feel better in a couple days, doctor or no doctor. So why bother them? You'll let that natural immunity do its job and become stronger, you'll keep your money, and you won't wind up with a bunch of side effects.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join