It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

lol yeah dude, all you have to do is follow my links and posts and you'll see I'm a guy who plays music, does art, talks about metaphysical stuff & annoys hard-headed people who like to play the Red vs. Blue game by attacking whoever disagrees with them. Cheers

Thanks for the insult, come again when you got some facts to back what you say; we got plenty of speculation & rhetoric and I'm not sure if we need to get into a name calling session. Afterall, the "poopy head" argument only gets you so far in a real discussion. I'm glad you took time to edit in an actual response to my question though however evasive and non-existent it truly ways...rock on!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer

lol yeah dude, all you have to do is follow my links and posts and you'll see I'm a guy who plays music, does art, talks about metaphysical stuff & annoys hard-headed people who like to play the Red vs. Blue game by attacking whoever disagrees with them. Cheers

Thanks for the insult, come again when you got some facts to back what you say; we got plenty of speculation & rhetoric and I'm not sure if we need to get into a name calling session. Afterall, the "poopy head" argument only gets you so far in a real discussion. I'm glad you took time to edit in an actual response to my question though however evasive and non-existent it truly ways...rock on!

Happy to come back when you or the next person (or other avatar of the same person) comes back with something new that is not just a regurgitation of many, many other threads and posts by people pushing a healthcare bill they obviously have not read, do not understand, or are so elitist that they think the rest of us haven't read or understood on our own.

Can't help you if YOU think that is an insult. Try looking at it the other way. Maybe you'll see that WE also think repeated threads like this are an insult.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You still haven't stated any facts that back up your opinion that the bill is a bad idea. I'm asking you now, not asking to review your old posts on threads you feel are the same. Itemize some stuff directly from the bill and elaborate on your take on them if you feel you are so in the right...or do you want to just come up with a different insult this time?

Keep in mind, I didn't say anywhere that I fully support this bill. I've simply been pointing out the lies that are being used to go against it such as the author of the article in the OP did. I'm sure there is something better that can come out of a real discussion. But as long as everyone keeps flinging insults, rhetoric, & speculation around instead of actual solutions, we'll keep doing the round & round.

So if you have any actual factual data that might inform people on what the effect of the bill will do, like the email sent out by Senator Kucinich states, share it:

The Administration plan requires that everyone must have health insurance, so it is delivering tens of millions of new "customers" to the insurance companies. Health care? Not really. Insurance care! Absolutely. Cost controls? No chance.

You will next hear talk about "co-ops." The truth is that insurance company campaign contributions have co-opted the public interest.

I need your help to spread the word and rally the nation around true health care reform which covers everyone and maintains fiscal integrity without breaking our nation's bank! Your contribution will empower our efforts to continue to fight for the single-payer, not-for-profit health care bill, HR676 "Medicare for All," which I co-authored with Rep. John Conyers. The bill now has 85 sponsors in the House.

The hotly-debated HR3200, the so-called "health care reform" bill, is nothing less than corporate welfare in the guise of social welfare and reform. It is a convoluted mess. The real debate which we should be having is not occurring.

Maybe you should stop assuming anyone who doesn't agree with your presentation (because it comes off as antagonistic for the sake of it) is your enemy.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
And you don't seem to understand that yours is not even close to the first thread on this subject. That myself and many others have already posted many items in defense of this position, or that.

So, to ask someone to - once again - state their opinions on obamacare is both moot and redundant, at best.

Check the news again. Maybe you can find something else new and interesting to discuss. I'll look forward to it.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

What makes you think I haven't seen the other threads? Just assuming you got all the answers again? Maybe I made this one because I wanted to address the discrepancies I seen directly. Maybe I just wanted to get my flag meter higher, maybe I just wanted to annoy you for a day, maybe I want to reiterate/make some points that don't seem to sink into people's heads (like get over Red vs. blue). Either way, you've successfully managed to avoid all of my questions, so I'm not sure why you're still posting if this thread is such a waste of time. Thank you, see you later...

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
Because obviously private business and interests have done the country a great service so far huh?

When I had private health insurance, I had better care because I went in for routine care. But I also paid the premium which was quite small due to the size of the company I worked for.

Not only do we need to be concerned about HOW this bill will affect health care (positive and negative) but we also need to be concerned about WHO is going to pay for this, HOW it will be paid for and HOW MUCH will it cost each person, each month.

If every working citizen has to pay a percentage of their paycheck to help cover the cost of this plan, then why would anyone WANT private insurance? Once everyone switches over and the private insurance companies all close up shop, what's to prevent the govt from making choices harmful to us? Like say, making all vaccinations mandatory to continue your healthcare?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join