It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attn Coloradoans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So I now live, love and work in Northern COlorado. Windsor area. Friendly enough people etc. Driving to work this morning I saw something. Out of all the wierd stuff I have seen in the skies back home, and in the states, This one tops it all. Where CR-33(weld county) and hwy 392 converge, there is this REALLY old farm/ranch. probably circa 02, or older. I see this light in the sky.... dont we all. There is I dismissed it as a helicopter or plane at first but it was just sitting there so still. No beam from a search light like a helicopter. It was just sitting there. I couldnt stand it anymore so I pulled over, got out of the truck and listened. No sound. I break out the cam just in case and start looking below for a post incase it was a light, then it hit me how high up it was. (200 metres +) I was standing (as if the ground it was over, myself and the mysterious glow were a triangle) about 130 feet from its target. It dawned on me.. "I need to be photographing this" I take out the camera, start zooming in and it just turned off. like someone woudl turn off a light switch. Not two seconds later, (I was facing west) it headed south.. all you could see was a tiny little light, the black of the object against the dawn sky, and the tiny little light wasnt blinking like they do on helicopters and planes. it was sporadic and REALLY fast when it flashed. As I said there was absolutely no sound what so ever. I drove by again after work to rule out the obvious... light that blew out, swamps near by (it would have been burning far too high up, and far too large, for far too long. if it were the willow wisp) The object itself was roughly 3 to 5 metres (give or take 12 to 15 foot) in length. Not even when it was darting south did it make a sound. Not so much as a hum or whisper.

I did however notice one thing about that particular farm. FULL of cattle. SO.. I guess keep your eyes peeled for cattle mutilations in the COlorado Area this season?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

I am just up the road about 10 minutes from you.
I will be keeping an eye out.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

The exact same thing happened to me a couple years ago near Ft. Carson. It was night time I was going south and I could just see the same thing you just described just hovering there about 100 yards high had a flood light on the bottom. Looked like something you'd see in a movie. Went to grab my camera, (I was still driving, physically moving) got the camera, looked over and the lights were out. I could still see it there but all the lights had been turned off.

As for Colorado, I think these sightings are quite common there. I have had several. Nothing too far out of the ordinary unless you can prove any of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I live right in Fort Collins, I'll keep an eye out tonight with a camera.... hopefully we can get some good pictures or something. I have heard of heated activity in the Greeley area. Check out some of the cases at www.mufon.com and file yours to them, they might provide some investigators.

This was spotted in Bellvue, Colorado just north of Fort Collins on 7/22/09, any similarities?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9bd87da253e0.jpg[/atsimg]

MUFON: While out driving around sightseeing and whatnot with my wife on 7/21/09 northwest of Ft Collins, just west of the tiny town of Bellvue, I stopped and took several pictures of the somewhat rare greenery of the foothills due to the abundant rain this year. I noticed a commercial airliner contrail headed WSW while taking the picture but paid it no attention. When we got home I popped the camera card into the computer to tweak the light and contrast levels when I noticed a black dot on one of the pics that was facing west towards the foothills. I zoomed in and noticed a black oval. I dismissed the possibility of it being a bird or plane because as you can see in the attached pics, the camera picked up cloud details nearby that are actually smaller than the object. To me this indicates that at that level of magnification, wings would be seen if it was a plane or bird. Additionally, if it was a blur of a bird in flight, there still would be areas of lighter or darker shades where light would reflect off wing, head, leg or abdomen surfaces no matter how blurred it may be. There appears to be none of these as the object shows a consistent dark shade. There does however appear to be an area of lighter shade along the top of the object, possibly implying sunlight reflecting off the top surface. No other objects were noticed in any of the remaining pics and no other strange effects or events were noticed at the time. I did not zoom in further in the supplied pics because any detail would just be lost in enlarged pixels.

Picture Link

[edit on 19-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
well thank you all for the insightful responses. To this moment I have no absolute proof. I CAN assure you that I will NOT be driving again without me camera. I really cannot describe what it was similar to. the overal shape of what I COULD see was oblong. like an egg.. but larger. Well. I will be living there officially as of this coming friday. I do hope to meet you all. Believe me.. You will know me if you ever see me. piercings everywhere, tattoos everywhere, and an African accent. (English colonist Botswana) carrying much music, or horticultural, entomological records, etc. Bald, and dead sexy. lol (for an ogre... the girlfriend gets a kick out of that) The one thing i do take into consideration though is Colorado is home of the first animal mutilation sighting/report. That was the other thing I was looking for. Linday Howe believes teh animals are literally dropped after harvested, because of how they are lying. I didnt believe my eyes at first, but it was blatantly there. I told my coworker about it, and he said. Welcome to Colorado.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

I do believe you.

Thats why I skip about 99% of UFO threads.

top topics

join