It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists ponder reality of zombie outbreak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
BBC news: Zombie outbreak scenario

surely deserves a thread?!

i'm lost for words. how come we so often hear about scientists testing the strangest things. indeed there is a parallell to this but c'mon, they seriously have nothing better to research?

although all you need to know basically is:

To give the living a fighting chance, the researchers chose "classic" slow-moving zombies as our opponents rather than the nimble, intelligent creatures portrayed in some recent films

so we'd be ****** anyway but if they are the modern zombies then we're in for it.

[edit on 18/8/09 by RuledBySecrecy]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I literally stumbled on this as you made your thread

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 18-8-2009 by and14263]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by and14263]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Slow moving zombies? That is soooooooooo 1950's and 1960's. The latest movies about zombies show the critters to be quite quick and agile And we know Hollywood let's us know what's really coming to our neighborhoods by coming to our theaters first.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well if there is a zombie outbreak that'd shut me up cause I'm always saying how the majority of zombie films are rubbish (Not Reanimator, that's class.).

Is this really possible though? And if so, what can we do? I mean if scientists are talking about it it MUST be a possibility...

I hope that if it is coming they aren't all flesh eating rogues hellbent on destroying all in their wake, but what I'd like to know is why (in the entertainment industry) zombies generally don't turn on eachother. Is it because they are dead and they need living flesh? If it does happen I hope they go after Romero for making such naff...

Ramadwarf on Zombie Romero

top topics

join